• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Email from Congressman Eric Cantor

bohdi

imported post

And know what bill he's talking about?

Dear Friend,

Recently, House Democrats launched new attacks on your second amendment rights. They introduced legislation that would have spent your tax dollars to deny the second amendment rights of people living in public housing. I am pleased to report to you that House Republicans fought back and won.

On the floor of the U.S. House, Republicans removed the Democrats’ political cover and forced a vote exclusively on the provisions that threatened the second amendment. Ultimately, to avoid the embarrassment of losing a vote, House Democrats were forced to pull the entire pork-ridden bill from consideration.

I’d like to hear what you have to say about the situation, please click here to visit my blog and leave your comments about the strategy. It is the steadfast support of activists like you that enables us to keep the House Democrats at bay. Your activism and support of second amendment rights is the critical difference that preserves those rights.

It is an honor to step onto the House Floor in defense of our rights – especially the second amendment. While the struggle for freedom continues, this effort was a victory for liberty.

Regards,

Eric Cantor
United States Congressman

bohdi

imported post

Yeah well, I haven't gotten as far as calling him. I'm a little leary of getting an ambiguous email from a politician stating how they did something, but don't provide the details.....sounds like a fishing trip to me.

Decoligny

imported post

Looks like it was a bill to prohibit gun ownership in Govt funded housing projects. At least that's what is on his blog site, no citation to bill number or anything concrete.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I got it too.

I'm on his mailing list due to something quite some time ago (before the Nov elections) - I think Mike put out - inviting me to go to his blog. If some of you others went as well, that might explain how you got this e-mail.

I was a bit put off by the partisanship of the e-mail. Frankly, I don't want a Republican house or a Democrat house - I just want a US House of Representatives. If they'd put the nation ahead of partisanship, we'd be much further along.

Off soapbox now