• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No Carry in Utah LDS Chapels

ScottyT

imported post

I don't feel guilty about doing 6 mph over the speed limit, why would I feel guilty if I choose to carry at all times, even on Sunday?

It is an infraction, hardly worth mentioning, let alone getting your panties all in a bunch.

ainokea

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
1) i know plenty of disgruntled people in regards to churches and faith.

2)My point exactly

3)I don't play.

The problem with America today is all of the people with the entitlement attitude!
Couldn't agree with you more. I feel the attitude..

Here is the deal if you are not happy with the principals of the church then find another one. After all if you want to pick and choose what a religon's principals are then start your own church.

OCLDS you could compete with the FLDS but instead of having 8 wives you would need to carry guns to join!!

ainokea

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
ainokea wrote:
Here is the deal if you are not happy with the principals of the church then find another one. After all if you want to pick and choose what a religon's principals are then start your own church.

OCLDS you could compete with the FLDS but instead of having 8 wives you would need to carry guns to join!!
Side note, could I give my 1 wife away for a gun? Would you allow that Prophet Ain?

I am no prophet, personally why the hell are people bitching about a churches principals? To me it is like the "gay" mormons protesting that the church doesn't accept them, I mean no S*%$. The church decides what their faith is going to believe and if you don't agree worship elsewhere.

scorpioajr

imported post

ainokea wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:
ainokea wrote:

Side note, could I give my 1 wife away for a gun? Would you allow that Prophet Ain?

I am no prophet, personally why the hell are people bitching about a churches principals?...
we are talking about self defense principals. THATS where you got misunderstood. no one cares about YOUR church, we're just talking about self defense in A church. Geez guys, comon..

ainokea

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
ainokea wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:
ainokea wrote:

I am no prophet, personally why the hell are people bitching about a churches principals?...
we are talking about self defense principals. THATS where you got misunderstood. no one cares about YOUR church, we're just talking about self defense in A church. Geez guys, comon..
For the record I am not active in the "accepted" Utah religion. This has nothing to do with it for me. I view this the same if we were discussing any religion.

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ainokea wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:
ainokea wrote:

I am no prophet, personally why the hell are people bitching about a churches principals? To me it is like the "gay" mormons protesting that the church doesn't accept them, I mean no S*%$. The church decides what their faith is going to believe and if you don't agree worship elsewhere.
I would agree with you that if the LDS church had a no self defense belief, or a no guns belief or whatever that there would be no argument. That however isn't the case here.

In Utah only, the LDS church has asked people not bring guns to church. That's it, no doctrine, no policy, just an obscure notice given to the BCI for Utahn's to not bring guns into houses of worship. This policy isn't in effect in any other state I've visted or where my family resides.

Local leaders (bishops, stake presidents) regularly override this policy by asking certain members to carry. (personal knowledge, no cite).

To date, I know of nobody being charged with carrying in a house of worship, so it's also not enforced. (personal knowledge, no cite).

To ditto what ScottyT said, it's a non issue. Carry if you want knowing that the possibility exists to be charged with an infraction (with no penalty attached that I know of), or don't carry. It's pretty simple, you aren't going to hell by not following this rule.:lol::lol:

ainokea

imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
ainokea wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:
ainokea wrote:

I would agree with you that if the LDS church had a no self defense belief, or a no guns belief or whatever that there would be no argument. That however isn't the case here.

In Utah only, the LDS church has asked people not bring guns to church. That's it, no doctrine, no policy, just an obscure notice given to the BCI for Utahn's to not bring guns into houses of worship. This policy isn't in effect in any other state I've visted or where my family resides.

Local leaders (bishops, stake presidents) regularly override this policy by asking certain members to carry. (personal knowledge, no cite).

To date, I know of nobody being charged with carrying in a house of worship, so it's also not enforced. (personal knowledge, no cite).

To ditto what ScottyT said, it's a non issue. Carry if you want knowing that the possibility exists to be charged with an infraction (with no penalty attached that I know of), or don't carry. It's pretty simple, you aren't going to hell by not following this rule.:lol::lol:
Thank you for the information. But, I have a question and I seriously don't know the answer because every state is different.

How many other states that allow for CFP also include provisions for churches to restrict firearms? This may be why it is only know in Utah.

True, I do agree that you are not going to go to hell for not following this rule but you could sure send someone there by not!!:lol::lol:

ScottyT

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
Its just another double-speak in this religion, but also in all religions. Tell you one thing, then another, damned if you do, damned if you dont. So I say, @#$% it. My God loves me, accepts me, and wants me to defend myself. He gave me a reasoning brain, which states in this day and age huddling in a pew is not a good option. He inspired me to carry, Im not too worried about much else.
+1. I *GASP* agree 100%.

And that line of reasoning fits perfectly with my beliefs as a "Mormon".

The unenforced policy was created solely as a PR move following an isolated incident.

ScottyT

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
He wants all of us to be happy. CCing everywhere makes me happy. OCing makes you'all happy. My right to life and the life of my family makes me happy. Seems simple from there, doesnt it?
"...and Men are, that they might have joy."

That's what its all about right there! :celebrate