• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting School

Silverfox44

imported post

This weekend the 15th and 16th of March I travel to Moses Lake to take the Jim Gregg method of Fire Control. The training is on learning how to Point and Shoot the Handguns and Shotguns. I will be taking my Glock 19 and Kimber 45 Ultra. Do not own a shotgun but anotherfriend that is going with me has a Remington 870 so that is what I will be shooting. A little nervious about the shotgun but not about the handguns. Always wanted to learn how to point and shoot using no sights with both eyes open. The Author is Jim Gregg title of the book is THE GREGG METHOD OF FIRE CONTROL. He ran the Boeing Gun Club for many years along with the Seattle Gun Club until he opened his own school.

Dave

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sounds interesting, Dave. Let us know how it goes. I went to Gregg's website, then to Amazon to see if they had the book - "unavailable". Maybe I'll drop him a note and see if I can get a copy from him. He uses PayPal, but I haven't used paypal in some time and probably can't even find my login info.

Double-R

Legba

imported post

I'd like a referral for a rifle marksmanship class - precision distance shooting without the wallowing-in-muck-proper-sniper stuff would be nice. Blackwater offers one in theory - it's intheir available traning course list -but they never seem to actually schedule the class. Lack of interest among civilians perhaps. I need to figure out how to fit a scope to my old.30-06 first though...

Let us know how your training goes. I'd like to be able to refer people beyond the cheapest basic carry permit classes locally.

-ljp

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sounds interesting, Dave. Let us know how it goes. I went to Gregg's website, then to Amazon to see if they had the book - "unavailable". Maybe I'll drop him a note and see if I can get a copy from him. He uses PayPal, but I haven't used paypal in some time and probably can't even find my login info.

Double-R

Sword

imported post

DoubleR wrote:

Double-R
Just a note on paypal, you dont have to have an account if he takes credit cards thru paypal, which most do these days.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Just a note on PayPal, they have an anti-gun business policy I believe.

You're quite right Doug. Here's their policy...
SNIP
FIREARMS
You may not use PayPal in the purchase or sale of any firearm unless the seller has been expressly approved by PayPal as detailed below. This includes all rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether for use in sporting, as collectibles, or curio and relic (C&R) firearms, and regardless of their present working order.

Sword

imported post

Yes sir, they enforce that policy strictly. But I was under the impression he was trying to buy a book.

Silverfox44

imported post

DoubleR wrote:

Double-R

If you still cannot get the book I will find you a copy and send it to you.

It truly is excellent reading with lots of pic.

Dave

Silverfox44

imported post

DoubleR wrote:

Double-R

Well, just returned home after a very exciting weekend @ the Jim Gregg Shooting School, in Moses Lake WA.

First day was handguns. Steel Target 15 to 18' (feet). Walk up draw shoot (5) rounds. In order to make the "Hole In One" club, all your shots must be touching each other.

Easier said than done. If you loose FOCUS on the dot made on the target its too late.

I have to admit I was frustrated as hell in not making the club. Their were (4) of us in the class, one being a xPolice Officer. He did it twice and one of the other shooters did it. Two of us suck:banghead:

On the 2nd day was shotgun. Never handled one. It took a little while but after a few rounds was able to hit the Clay Targets without much trouble.

I highly recommend the class. Jim has been doing it for 23 years so he knows what he is talking about.

On my way to the range to practice, I NEED IT:banghead: