• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1 in the chamber

Dahwg

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
Walleye wrote:
Condition 3, but only because I work with animals a lot.
Do explain, please.....?
I'm sure it's da Rottweilers... Rottweilers are the original gangstas they'll jack your gat and bust a cap in yo' pie-hole. Everyone knows them dogs is just mean, but without opposable thumbs they can't rack a round into the chamber. :uhoh:

David.Car

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
Walleye wrote:
Condition 3, but only because I work with animals a lot.
Do explain, please.....?
I'm sure it's da Rottweilers... Rottweilers are the original gangstas they'll jack your gat and bust a cap in yo' pie-hole. Everyone knows them dogs is just mean, but without opposable thumbs they can't rack a round into the chamber. :uhoh:
Unless they use the belt trick with their collar?

Walleye

imported post

It's because if I get kicked by a 2 year old, 800lb animal full of piss and vinegar, I'll have more time to think about turning them into dog food.

;)

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Carolina40 wrote:
keeping one in the pipe allows me 13+1 in my G27 - pray that I never need that many, but nice to know they are there...
1911 here, cocked and locked with one in the pipe.

Only 14 rds? I'm still working on the OC rig for this but here you go 40+1

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=282500
You can get it for your Glock 21, & P90. Also available for your Ruger 10/22.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

yes

Only Hollywood and gangsters do not carry a chambered round. To Hollywood it adds to the action of the movie :what:, and to gangsters, it makes them look hard:X.
To law abiding citizens it could cost them their life. :(

ToJas

imported post

I didn't for the first week, but now if it's not locked up (because I'm carrying something else), it's on my hip. If it's on my hip, there are 15 + 1 rounds in it. G22, I love that thing.

Erus

imported post

1911A1

Condition One

Cocked and locked

One in the pipe

7 round mag full in the grip

7 Round mag handy

7 Round mag almost as handy

tattedupboy

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
Carry w/one in the chamber whether it's a GLOCK, Sig, H&K, Kimber 1911, or Kahr.

Remember, it's called a "handgun," NOT a "handsgun."

Unless you're having a quickdraw duel @ high noon, you willNEED your other hand for something else.
I don't know about you, but when I shoot, I hold my gun with 2 hands, so I guess I have a handsgun:lol:

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alwayspacking wrote:
yes

Only Hollywood and gangsters do not carry a chambered round.
To Hollywood it adds to the action of the movie :what:, and to gangsters, it makes them look hard:X.
To law abiding citizens it could cost them their life. :(
And people in Utah who don't have permits...:lol:

David.Car

imported post

tattedupboy wrote:
G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
Carry w/one in the chamber whether it's a GLOCK, Sig, H&K, Kimber 1911, or Kahr.

Remember, it's called a "handgun," NOT a "handsgun."

Unless you're having a quickdraw duel @ high noon, you willNEED your other hand for something else.
I don't know about you, but when I shoot, I hold my gun with 2 hands, so I guess I have a handsgun:lol:
The point is that in a life and death situation, you might have to use that other arm for something else, such as fending off an attacker. If you don't have one in the chamber, and your left arm is too busy fighting off a guy with a knife... That gun isn't going to do youany good.

rDigital

imported post

Your index finger is your safety. Keep it off the trigger until your sights are on the target and you've made the decission to fire. End of discussion :banghead:

This is the truth. If you don't have the control required to carry a weapon with a round chambered you may want to look at more training to become more comfortable or reconsider how or if you will continue to carry.

I concealed carry a Glock 27 .40 with the Pierce Grip Extenders so it's 9+1 with an extra mag of 9. I open carry a SiG P229 with 12+1 and an extra mag of 12+1.
Because you never know.....:p

Agent6-3/8

imported post

I always carry with a rounds in the chamber, be it my Glock 19 or my 1911. The fact of the matter is that you may, or may not have the time and opportunity to rack teh slide should you need the weapon. With a quality weapon and a quality holste, carrying with a round chamber poses no danger to anyone but a bad guy.