• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Watch Glenn Beck tonight

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Bumped up to News and political alerts, GB is replayed at midnight EDT, and I'm hoping it is covered in the last 15 minutes of the 9pm replay.

PavePusher

imported post

Just catching it here in Tucson after getting off shift late. He's talking with AZ Sen. Karen Johnson about carry at schools. Ooo-rah!! Only about 4 min long. Awww...

sprat

imported post

yes only 4 minutes but a good four minutes, probably the best four minutes on the subjectI have ever seen. not only theAZ senator but GlennBeck himself carries, how many tv personalities brag about that and endorse carrying. the subject about was open and concealed carry sorry if you missed it, because it was pro

shame I am not important enough to have had this posted next to the map on "recent forum postings". I can count on my one hand the times a syndicated TV show backed our cause.CNN of all places

yet for two days there was a posting next to the map about a radio program in upstate NY that no one could get or hear.

here is the transcript from the show last night

BECK: OK. There is one problem that I have with gun-free zones. And that`s that bad guys shoot people in gun-free zones. They don`t seem to care about the little sign. Too often no guns results in dead kids.

Finally, one lawmaker has had enough, Arizona State Senator Karen Johnson. She`s sponsoring a bill that would allow people -- think how crazy this is -- 21 years and older, that have a concealed weapons permit to carry their firearms at public colleges and universities. Amen. Oh, no, did I just say that? Oh, no. It might save lives, because that`s what guns do. They save lives.

Let`s go to the senator now.

What put you over the edge here on this lawsuit -- this proposal?

KAREN JOHNSON, ARIZONA STATE SENATOR: Well, Mr. Beck, we had several teachers, actually, came to me and related the fact that they actually had a lot of concerns of being in their classrooms totally unprotected, especially after you have the Virginia Tech incident, and then you also had the incident that happened in Illinois.

BECK: OK. You know what? I said the same thing after Illinois. I said it after Virginia. You know what? Somebody in that classroom shooting that guy, especially in Illinois, where the guy took the time to reload. All you have to do is get down on one knee, get behind a chair and shoot the guy and stop him. But you know what? The first time it does. And that person with the concealed weapon`s permit misses and hits somebody else, all of the focus will be on that shooter and not the one who came in.

They`ll say, "Look, yes, but the person with the concealed weapons permit, look what they did. They killed somebody." Instead of saying, yes, but they might have saved ten other people.

JOHNSON: Exactly. Exactly. And I think that we absolutely have to move ahead with this. People have Second Amendment rights in this country. And when they`ve gone through the training that a CCW permit holder gets, I think the idea of something like that happening is very minute.

BECK: You know, I used to live -- by the way, I don`t know what your buttons say. But I love anybody who wears a lot of buttons, because they`re always the fun ones in the office. The -- I shouldn`t say that. I work with a few liberals that the buttons would drive me a little crazy.

But anyway, you know, I used to live in Arizona. And I remember going to the movie theaters. And it used to say, "Check your handgun at the ticket counter," at the lobby. Does it still say that in Arizona?

JOHNSON: I have not seen any signs like that.

BECK: Really?

JOHNSON: In Arizona we are allowed to carry open. There is a law in Arizona that allows you to carry open. So maybe if you`re openly carrying they want you to check it. If that it`s concealed, nobody knows.

BECK: Yes. You know what? The thing is, is everybody -- because the people who are against this will say all these crazy people will be in shootouts all the time, everybody will be carrying guns.

I carry a gun. I mean, I know people that carry guns all the time. Concealed weapons permit holders are responsible, for the love of Pete. I don`t know any of them that have ever been in a shootout.

I do know one person that happened to be at a convenience store that had the clerk being held by a gun. He walked behind the chip counter, pulled out his gun and said, "You might want to put it down." I know that one. But I don`t know anybody who`s been involved in a shootout, do you?

JOHNSON: No. No, I don`t. We have approximately a hundred thousand CCW holder permits here in Arizona. And we haven`t had any incidents of anything going wrong.

BECK: Senator. Thanks so much. Good luck. Back in just a minute.

sprat

imperialism2024

imported post

A step in the right direction, for sure, but the "training" argument is potentially disasterous for states that elect to not have a training requirement, such as here in Pennsylvania. I can see taking baby steps to try to gain back ground from the anti's, but it seems to me that the "training" argument is going to backfire in the end. Even if things go our way, either 1) states without mandatory training will not allow (or not be allowed to permit) students to carry because of "safety"; or 2) states without mandatory training will be pressured to mandate training. There's also the fact that students and teachers 21+ are going to be the vast minority on college campuses, so this plan of having an armed student body isn't going to work quite as well as we thought. Now, it's just the freshman- and sophomore-level classes that will be targeted by a shooter and, God forbid that shooter gets a CCW license first, we'll have a CCW license-holder killing students with no more resistance than we have now.

The answer, in my mind, is to eliminate the "training" element of the pro-student-carry argument. In most states where someone can get a license to carry without paying off too many politicians, open carry is legal without a license at age 18. On college campuses, we need that 18-20 group to be carrying in order to fulfill our wishes of providing an armed deterrent to any degree of success.

eyesopened

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
God forbid that shooter gets a CCW license first, we'll have a CCW license-holder killing students with no more resistance than we have now.
How many times have you heard of a CCW/CHP holder doing such a thing? Is this the "Shootout at the OK Scenario" the antis keep spouting off because I've yet to see this happen...

imperialism2024

imported post

eyesopened wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
God forbid that shooter gets a CCW license first, we'll have a CCW license-holder killing students with no more resistance than we have now.
How many times have you heard of a CCW/CHP holder doing such a thing? Is this the "Shootout at the OK Scenario" the antis keep spouting off because I've yet to see this happen...

Now, now, I didn't say that. I was pointing out that it would be bad enough for a shooting to be successful at an "armed" school, but even worse if the shooter got a CCW license first for some reason or another.

Pointman

imported post

sprat wrote:
But anyway, you know, I used to live in Arizona. And I remember going to the movie theaters. And it used to say, "Check your handgun at the ticket counter," at the lobby.
Uh, let's see. Yup, loaded, and it still says ".44 Magnum". :lol:

sprat

imported post

this is the transcript from last thursdays Glenn Beck again this man is the only TV Commentor on our side you should be watching and supporting TV show which champion our rights

BECK: You know, I have to tell you. I always hate it when the gun rights discussion turns to hunting. And people say, "Oh, I need my gun for hunting. We should protect the sportsmen." I was a sportsman one day when I was a kid. You know what? I`m pretty sure our Founding Fathers drafted the Constitution, you know, and they weren`t thinking about, "Gee, hunting is probably is sport." It was survival. There wasn`t even any meat in the little Styrofoam container. I couldn`t have lived back then.

Responsible citizens want to own guns for a variety of reasons, and hunting is one of them. Across the country, however, hunting is on the decline. So if people stop hunting, do you think the anti-gun lobby is going to see that opening to restrict gun ownership even more? I mean, "There are no sportsmen left. Why should we have those evil guns?"

In West Virginia, they`re trying to inspire new interest by introducing hunting education into the public school system. Oh, people aren`t going to like that one.

Joining me now on this story is Billy Wayne Bailey. He is a West Virginia state senator. He`s the guy sponsoring the hunting education bill.

Billy Wayne, they`d hunt you down in the streets. They wouldn`t have any guns, but they`d hunt you down in the streets here in New York for this bill. Why you are doing it?

BILLY WAYNE BAILEY, WEST VIRGINIA STATE SENATOR: Well, hunting is on the decline in West Virginia, the number of licenses that we`ve been selling. And we want to stimulate that interest because it is a sport, just as basketball or football or any other sport is a sport. And it`s good physical activity. And it`s part of our culture here in West Virginia, to hunt.

BECK: Does the Second Amendment -- because you know what I just said a minute ago. As soon as the people aren`t hunting anymore, they`re going to go, "There`s no -- that`s outdated. There`s no hunters." And they`ll go for the guns. Second Amendment play any role in your thinking here?

BAILEY: No, it didn`t. But Second Amendment we hold dear and near to our hearts here in West Virginia. And we think that a good hunter safety course in schools, for the children to take as an elective. It`s not a mandated course. That it shows them the safety in using a weapon.

BECK: Billy Wayne, I just have -- I just have to admire this for a second, because I live -- I live here in New York, and just this week, a kid was busted in school for wearing a T-shirt with a gun on it.

Are the kids in class, are they -- are they using something that`s not shaped like a gun? How are you getting gun safety -- can you show them pictures of guns in school?

BAILEY: What we`re going to do, Glenn, is, the director of natural resources has videos that will be shown on gun safety, and will be different varieties of hunting weapons. And it will show each of the students in that class the proper and safe way to handle a firearm.

BECK: I can`t even imagine. You`re so lucky to live where you live.

BAILEY: Move on down here, man.

BECK: Here in New York or in California, I got to tell you. Showing that gun safety movie right next to Al Gore`s global warming movie in California, they`d go crazy.

Thanks, Billy Wayne. Educating our kids about responsible gun ownership.

We need to go right to the hate-monger quote of the day. And here it is: "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." Oh, the -- I mean, imagine the right to protect your home and family without a militia? God forbid. Who said that?

GRAPHIC: Thomas Jefferson.

BECK: Oh, of course. He hated everybody.

sprat

imported post

to Doug Huffman

I am trying to figure out whether you are pro or anti glenn beck, I am neither a fan or hater. I feel that of all the TV commentors this man carries concealed and champions gun rights on mainstream TV. (CNN)

I have college education and I am having a hard time determining you stance, I am sure if glenn got wind of this website he would invite you on

or better yet are you anti sprat??????????????????

Ford Truck

Franklin Township, DeKalb County, Indiana, USA
imported post

I listen to Glenn Beck's radio showevery morning. I don't much care for his delivery, but his message is usually very good. The part of his 2nd Amendment message that bothers me is his belief that "we the people" need to have training by some OFFICIAL. As far as I'm concerned, requiring training is more infringement piled on top the the infringement that requires us to acquire a license or permit. All of that being said, I have Indiana and New Hampshire licenses and just sealed the envelope on my application for a Pennsylvania license and I'm going to the county sheriff tomorrow to be fingerprinted for my Florida license.

sprat

imported post

Ford truck

thanks for your imput

your quote in regards to glenn beck

"The part of his 2nd Amendment message that bothers me is his belief that "we the people" need to have training by some OFFICIAL. As far as I'm concerned, requiring training is more infringement piled on top the the infringement that requires us to acquire a license or permit"

yet your applying toobtain a non- resident Florida CCW, that permit requires training, I know I have had one for 6 years!

sprat FL res-CCW, Pa non-res CCW