• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You are an outlaw if you own a gun!!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Diesel 007 wrote:
IL is only going to hurt itself in the long run. There are several gun manufacturers in IL, including Springfield Arms. Given the anti-gun sentiments most have been looking in nearby states for places to relocate and several have had incentive offers while being courted by those states who want and would appreciate their business. One had announced it was moving but I don't recall the details now.

The sad part is that the people who are going to be hurt are not the ones who vote for the gun grabbers. I looked up details last year and was surprised to find that the Chicago area has enough votes in the state legislation to out vote the entire rest of the state on any issue. These aren't policies generally supported outside of Chicagoland and some counties have gone so far as to vote on legislation prohibiting enforcement of laws like these, although I haven't followed up to see if any passed. The state gov't may find itself with an insurrection on it's hands if these laws pass, with most counties outside of the Chicago and Springfield metro areas refusing to enforce or recognize them. One can only hope.

Mainsail

imported post

Wow, that copy/paste thing is so exhausting...

LETTER: Bills would turn gun owners into outlaws

By TOM PHIPPS, Lerna

The Chicago machine is determined to eliminate our right to protect ourselves in order to unbridle their police powers. At this very moment there are six bills waiting to be heard by the full House.

HB 731 would make it impossible for us to store a firearm in our own homes so that we could have it accessible in an emergency.

HR 758 would ban the private transfer of firearms (for the law abiding).

HR 796 would create yet another state licensing bureaucracy for firearm dealers.

HB 4357 would ban countless semiautomatic firearms and .50 calibre rifles and ammunition.

HB 4393 would limit the number of handguns any one individual can purchase.

And the Illinois Senate passed and sent to the Illinois House SB 1007, making it illegal to make, sell or to own any firearm holding more than ten cartridges. That makes criminals out of anyone with a garden variety Winchester or Marlin lever action .22, or a heck of a lot of other squirrel guns which are as American as apple pie! If you’re lucky enough to have a Civil War era Henry rifle, you can load it on Sunday and the cops will take it away from you on Monday!

Illinois is completely out of step with the rest of the nation, where right-to-carry laws have passed nearly everywhere. It’s nice to be able to walk the streets safely at night in Albuquerque, where we’re allowed to carry a gun if we like. I don’t think I’d go for a walk in Chicago at night, do you?

Let’s not let the sly politicians in the Illinois House of Representatives take advantage of our grief and turn all of us into outlaws. Now is the final hour. Wake up and ring your state representative at 782-8223 and politely let him know that you’ll not stand for outrages like HB 731, HB 758, HB 796,HB 4357, HB 4393 and HB 1007!

squarepeg

imported post

I hope there is a way for the rural towns to act normally. The only thing I see as good about Illinois is that you can buy alcohol on Sundays (I can't in Indiana). I live in IN and work in IL, I avoid going into IL unless I have to, mainly because of the high crime in the south suburbs of Chicago.

imperialism2024

imported post

BillMCyrus wrote:
Is there a way to vote cities out of a state?

Reverse secession. I like it.

But when you find out how to do, let us here in the red part of Pennsylvania (i.e. most of it) know how we can get rid of Philadelphia... Hell, maybe New Jersey will take it.