• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL Renewal

WARCHILD

imported post

Has anyone been through the CPL renewal process? I am wondering about the requirements listed in the renewal instructions: "Applicant shall present a statement signed by the applicant certifying that he/she has: Completed at least (3) hours of review of the pistol safety training course and has at least 1 hour of firing range time in the 6 months immediately preceding the renewal application."

If I understand this correctly, all I have to do is sign astatement to this effect without any verification by a CPL instructor or firing range controlperson.

Thanks

sorry for the re-post, having trouble with my antique computer I guess, didn't show the original post.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Has anyone been through the CPL renewal process? I am wondering about the requirements listed in the renewal instructions: "Applicant shall present a statement signed by the applicant certifying that he/she has: Completed at least (3) hours of review of the pistol safety training course and has at least 1 hour of firing range time in the 6 months immediately preceding the renewal application."

If I understand this correctly, all I have to do is sign astatement to this effect without any verification by a CPL instructor or firing range controlperson.

Thanks

All you need to do is state under oath that you have reviewed any current laws in regards to CPL and have fired you pistol at a range in the last 6 months. That's it. the clerk will witness your oath and you sign the document stating the same. You don't need to take a class or have anything in writing. I have renewed both under the old and new laws.