Thread: interesting carry question

Post imported post

so heres an interesting question i thought up.i occasionally take clothes to a local

laundromat when the facilitiesin my house arein use.the laundromat closest to me

has a bar attached to it that you can gain direct acessto via a shared door. can i

legally carry here or would this fall under the "alcohol for sale and

consumption"portion of the law? just wondering what yall'sopinions are?

Post imported post

That's a good one to ponder. IANAL, but if the two parts of the business were licensed by the ABC board under one business name/corp/LLC for on-premesis consumption, then you would not be legal carrying there. But, if the laundry side is operated under a different business name/not permitted by ABC for on-premises consumption, then the issue of the adjoining doorway should not be an issue at all, and carry should be legal.

State Researcher

Post imported post

OBXMIKE wrote:
    That's a good one to ponder. IANAL, but if the two parts of the business were licensed by the ABC board under one business name/corp/LLC for on-premesis consumption, then you would not be legal carrying there. But, if the laundry side is operated under a different business name/not permitted by ABC for on-premises consumption, then the issue of the adjoining doorway should not be an issue at all, and carry should be legal.
    What he said. Find out where their ABC license applies. If it doesn't apply to the laundry section, then it's the same situation as the bank inside of a wal-mart.