Thread: As somone from out of state what letters/statues should i carry on my person to help me out ?

Post imported post

http://www.vcdl.org/new/VASP_OPEN.pdf

That is just for resturants. Naturally like pa I will keep the letter for va with me incase I want to conceal. I was wondering if anyone has a letter from vasp that says oc is legal under all circumstances in the commonwealth?

Post imported post

There is a printable folder about Virginia gun rights on the site. Go to the discussion forum's main page, look for "Rules of Engagement" at the top, go down to "Law Library" and find "Your Virginia Gun Rights". It has about all the info you'd need. I've carried the letters from the VCDL site for about 3 years, and have yet to need to show them to anyone. Most folks by now just seem to know its legal.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I used to carry the restaurant letters, never needed to show it to anybody. Except for when we tried to give a copy to the cops at Tonys, but they wouldn't have any of it. So I don't bother anymore.

Post imported post

minus wrote:
    I was wondering if anyone has a letter from vasp that says oc is legal under all circumstances in the commonwealth?
    There is nothing that says OC is legal. Virginia law is based on listing the things you cannot do, If there is not a law against it, you can do it.

Virginia has a very short list of places where you cannot carry at all. Most of the restrictions are from the Feds, like National Park lands. Because so much of the state has historical significance from the Revolutionary War and the Civil War of Northern Agression to Eliminate Slavery Against Southern Secession there are National Parks and National Historical Sitesjust about everywhere. Unfortunately the public roads that cut through are (technically) covered by the NPS prohibitions. I have never had any problems as long as I stayed in my car to read the info on the side of the road, and have not heard of anybody else getting busted for carrying while "car touring" along the Civil War Trail (for example) but that is not to say NPS police could not arrest you if they found out you were carrying.

stay safe (and enjoy your visit. Keep Virginia green - bring money.)

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    minus wrote:
    I was wondering if anyone has a letter from vasp that says oc is legal under all circumstances in the commonwealth?
    There is nothing that says OC is legal. Virginia law is based on listing the things you cannot do, If there is not a law against it, you can do it.

Virginia has a very short list of places where you cannot carry at all. Most of the restrictions are from the Feds, like National Park lands. Because so much of the state has historical significance from the Revolutionary War and the Civil War of Northern Agression to Eliminate Slavery Against Southern Secession there are National Parks and National Historical Sitesjust about everywhere. Unfortunately the public roads that cut through are (technically) covered by the NPS prohibitions. I have never had any problems as long as I stayed in my car to read the info on the side of the road, and have not heard of anybody else getting busted for carrying while "car touring" along the Civil War Trail (for example) but that is not to say NPS police could not arrest you if they found out you were carrying.

stay safe (and enjoy your visit. Keep Virginia green - bring money.)

skidmark
    More than 140 years later and the federal government is still subjecting VA to reconstructionist like restrictions on armed travel, by proxy to the parks dept, through the very areas that serve as a reminder of the violent excesses of the federal government and the extremes it will go to in retaining power. :X
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."