• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which manufactures have internal locks in their revolvers?

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

I know S&W still does it (even after a change in ownership), but I've heard some other manufactures do it too. I'm planning on getting my first handgun (which will also be my first firearm period) sometime in the next year or so, and I want to make it a revolver, but I don't want one with an internal lock...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Taurus uses internal locks.

[align=left]If you want a revolver without an internal lock, check out, [/align]
[align=center]RUGER[/align]

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Charter Arms revolvers are also made lock free, and I wouldn't rule out a used S&W without a lock.

Sa45auto

imported post

Heartless_Conservative wrote:
Taurus uses internal locks. 

:( I was kinda interested in their 7 shot .357's too........

I have one (Taurus 7 shot .357 with an internal lock). I love it (the gun) and long ago forgot that it has one (the internal lock). Never use it (the internal lock), and never a problem (with the gun or the lock).
:)