• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need ideas!

KnightSG7

imported post

I did'nt think of half of those, thanks everybody...

Do you think I should be doing this?, I would like some feedback if at all possible.

AnythingI should worry about?

nova

imported post

Most of my local gunshops have stacks of pamphlets related to various gun topics on the counter or near the door :)

eyesopened

imported post

How about a couple college campuses? I don't know about the rules of putting up flyers there though. Please, please do not plaster cars in parking lots. I'm sure youwere not going to do it, but I just hate coming back to my car to see a flyer for discount furniture mart's going out of business sale.

KnightSG7

imported post

Haha, no I will not be putting them on cars, I figured in stacks at counters of Dominion, Greentop, Southern Police, Town Police supply, and maybe even Bob's...

Ill be going up to Maryland on the 28th, I will try and put some at the rest stops, as an additional "Welcome to Virginia" kinda thing.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The only problem I see with your plan is most of the places you are planning to put these at, and the places that have been recommended, require prior written permission. It would be a shame to find out the flyers were thrown in the trash right after you left.

Regarding college campuses (campi for the purists :p) you should bring a staple gun and look for bulliten boards that are scattered about. Instead of thinking of them as handouts, think of them as notices. Because of their size, you might want to staple them in just one corner, letting them hang down diagonally. The other thing is, you may need to go back regularly (weekly) to check and see if they have been covered over or torn off.

An idea that has not yet been listed - pick a neighborhood and leave one at every door, like the pizza places & churches do.

stay safe.

skidmark

KnightSG7

imported post

Yeah, all of the places I plan on putting things on, all except for Greentop I already have permission for... I LOVE the door idea though, I did not think of that.

So people, if any of you find one on your door, make sure you post and let me know!
:celebrate

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

skidmark wrote:
<snip>
An idea that has not yet been listed - pick a neighborhood and leave one at every door, like the pizza places & churches do.
<snip>

I love this idea as well! As it's an election year, you might find a Pro-2A congressman who is paying to do the same thing (plastering his face all over) and be able to distribute much easier and wider audience (easy to drop off 2 flyers if dropping off 1 already).

Tim

KnightSG7

imported post

I am putting up close to $200 in copies..

Spreading the word about citizens rights is worth that to me I guess.

Allthough I will gladly take donations.... LOL