Thread: CPL Renewal

Post imported post

Has anyone been through the renewal process yet? If I read the renewal instructions correctly:
    Applicant shall present a statement signed by the applicant certifying that he/she has: [/i]Completed at least three (3) hours of review of the pistol safety training course and has at least[/i]1 hour offiring range time in the 6 months immediately preceding the renewal application.[/i]

I merely have to make out and sign a statement, without verification by a CPL instructor or firing range personell?

Is this correct?

[/i]

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    Has anyone been through the renewal process yet? If I read the renewal instructions correctly:
    Applicant shall present a statement signed by the applicant certifying that he/she has: [/i]Completed at least three (3) hours of review of the pistol safety training course and has at least[/i]1 hour offiring range time in the 6 months immediately preceding the renewal application.[/i]

I merely have to make out and sign a statement, without verification by a CPL instructor or firing range personell?

Is this correct?

[/i]
    When I renewed (Clinton County)I swore under oath in front of the clerk that I have review any new laws in regards to CPL and I had shot my gun within the last 6 months. Call and check what your clerk wants. No proof was needed, just your word.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:

Is this correct?

[/i]
    MSP Legal Update, April 2006

MCL 28.425

Expired Concealed Pistol License (CPL) may be valid when coupled with receipt from county clerk.

Effective July 1, 2006

When a CPL holder applies for a license renewal, the county clerk must provide a receipt for the application. The licensing board must renew or deny the renewal application within 60 days.

If the board fails to renew or deny the application, the expiration of the CPL is automatically extended until the board issues a new license, or 180 days, whichever comes first.

In order for the extension to be valid, the CPL holder must carry both the expired license and the receipt, and present both to police officers when stopped.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Brian: That's clear enough, thanks for your research.

Jerry

Post imported post

It's kind of silly but what has been said aboveare the facts, your word is sufficient when renewing, but me I like the extra training so I usually go at least once a year for some kind of additional training, N they always issue some kind of certificate, JIC. Also keeping a log book of your range time is not a real bad idea either.