• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL Renewal

WARCHILD

imported post

Has anyone been through the renewal process yet? If I read the renewal instructions correctly:
Applicant shall present a statement signed by the applicant certifying that he/she has: [/i]Completed at least three (3) hours of review of the pistol safety training course and has at least[/i]1 hour offiring range time in the 6 months immediately preceding the renewal application.[/i]

I merely have to make out and sign a statement, without verification by a CPL instructor or firing range personell?

Is this correct?

[/i]

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Has anyone been through the renewal process yet? If I read the renewal instructions correctly:
Applicant shall present a statement signed by the applicant certifying that he/she has: [/i]Completed at least three (3) hours of review of the pistol safety training course and has at least[/i]1 hour offiring range time in the 6 months immediately preceding the renewal application.[/i]

I merely have to make out and sign a statement, without verification by a CPL instructor or firing range personell?

Is this correct?

[/i]
When I renewed (Clinton County)I swore under oath in front of the clerk that I have review any new laws in regards to CPL and I had shot my gun within the last 6 months. Call and check what your clerk wants. No proof was needed, just your word.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

WARCHILD wrote:

Is this correct?

[/i]

MSP Legal Update, April 2006

[align=center][/align]
MCL 28.425

Expired Concealed Pistol License (CPL) may be valid when coupled with receipt from county clerk.

Effective July 1, 2006

When a CPL holder applies for a license renewal, the county clerk must provide a receipt for the application. The licensing board must renew or deny the renewal application within 60 days.

If the board fails to renew or deny the application, the expiration of the CPL is automatically extended until the board issues a new license, or 180 days, whichever comes first.

In order for the extension to be valid, the CPL holder must carry both the expired license and the receipt, and present both to police officers when stopped.

Sheldon

imported post

It's kind of silly but what has been said aboveare the facts, your word is sufficient when renewing, but me I like the extra training so I usually go at least once a year for some kind of additional training, N they always issue some kind of certificate, JIC. Also keeping a log book of your range time is not a real bad idea either.