• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And our Governor Says Only LE Can Be Trusted Around Alcohol

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

No Cop Bashing Please
http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080314/NEWS02/803140350

The former special agent in charge of the FBI's Toledo office will spend six years in a Virginia prison for abducting his girlfriend last year.

The victim said he put the gun to her head and threatened to shoot. And he told her he could cut her veins and know exactly how long it would take for her to bleed to death because of his law enforcement training.

Spicocchi has a history of alcohol abuse and was highly intoxicated at the time of the incident and was off his medication, Mr. Abbenante said.

But he could carry concealed in a Va bar!:shock:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Commonwealth Attorneys (ruling class) - no training, no permit, can drink alcohol while carrying concealed - it's ok says Gov. Kaine.
:cuss:
Common citizen - cannot carry concealed even with permit where alcohol is served though he/she has received training and had a backgound investigation and can't imbibe.
:cuss:

OK Mr. Kaine, I'll just OC. Glad you let me know where you stand too, 'cause I am a voter!!!!!!!!! And I won't forget!!!!!!!!!

Yata hey

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Spicocchi has a history of alcohol abuse and was highly intoxicated at the time of the incident and was off his medication, Mr. Abbenante said.
The kind of medication that would be indicitive of a mental condition that people now want to preclude civilians from buying or owning a firearm? The context sounds like that is the case.

So from what we know, it seems that Agent Spicocchi, who was promoted to supervisor, had several personal conditions present that would prevent a citizen from even owning a firearm, let alone get a concealed carry permit and there would be no way to have 50 state carry regardless. Yeah, that sounds about right for our government. Now let the antis tell us again how the gov't is going to protect us if we are disarmed ....

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

In "their America", only the elite class are allowed to act as citizens and carry firearms without permission...those who serve the state!

Soon, only landowners will be able to vote, and then only those20 acres or more!

They have failed to learn the lessons of history....

ggd276

imported post

if we dont stay on to him about this he will let it drop

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

BobCav wrote:
In "their America", only the elite class are allowed to act as citizens and carry firearms without permission...those who serve the state!

Soon, only landowners will be able to vote, and then only those20 acres or more!

They have failed to learn the lessons of history....

"Either we are equal or we are not." THAT is <whiney voice>cop bashing</whiney voice> uncomplained only for their blithe ignorance!

Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Nah, not cop bashing at all.ELITIST bashing, yes. Anyone in a position of authority thatthinks they're better than the rest of us, yes. That includes anyone that can carry anywhere concealed into a bar with NO LICENSE whatsoever.

Actually, this could (and should) work to our favor! Kahn, er I mean Kaine has freely given unto those that serve his lordship and the state, that which RIGHTFULLY BELONGS TO ALL VIRGINIANS, NAY ALL AMERICANS!

In doing so, he has revealed himself for what he is. A tyrant. And all tyrants must be hastily deposed, by pen or by open rebellion. THAT is the birthright of every American.

There's two ways that usurped rightsrights can be legally and rightfully restored. The first is with the First. The second is with the Second. What an awesome design! My respect to the founders! God Bless America.

ballester

imported post

:monkeysorry....what we need now is an icon of DA Gubbner with an organ grinder....insert creepy music of ones choice and then dance like themonkeys he must think we are. sigh......... i do however enjoy educating the citizens that come into the shop i work for about how much Gubbner K cares about them....shame they vote too.....know how its goes...do good tell 1...do bad tell 10...:dude:

ProguninTN

imported post

So the gov. doesn't trust the people, eh ? Sounds just like some of our politicians and police chiefs here in TN in our attempt to get restaurant carry.

doug23838

imported post

I'm no fan of the little leprechaun Governor we have here in Va, but let's not forget that

• state Senator Robert Hurt (District 19) was the sponsor of this bill.
  • ALL state Senators voted Y on this bill.
  • The Militia, Police and Public safety committee voted 18Y - 1N on this bill.
  • The house voted 64Y -31N - 2A
So they're all a bunch of elitists and need to be called on it.

source: http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?081+sum+SB776

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

doug23838 wrote:
I'm no fan of the little leprechaun Governor we have here in Va, but let's not forget that

+1 Agreed. Though they (the legislature) did approve the Restaurant Bill; therefor, it was Mr. Kaine's veto that produced the ultimate gross insult.

I wonder what the rank and file LEO thinks of this new selective law.

Commonwealth Attorneys should be afforded no more priviledges than the people - they are obviously "more equal."

Yata hey

LEO 229

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
doug23838 wrote:

+1 Agreed. Though they (the legislature) did approve the Restaurant Bill; therefor, it was Mr. Kaine's veto that produced the ultimate gross insult.

I wonder what the rank and file LEO thinks of this new selective law.

Commonwealth Attorneys should be afforded no more priviledges than the people - they are obviously "more equal."

Yata hey
Concealed weapons; attorney for the Commonwealth may carry without a permit. Authorizes an attorney for the Commonwealth or an assistant attorney for the Commonwealth to carry a concealed handgun without obtaining a permit wherever such attorney may travel in the Commonwealth. Current law only authorizes an attorney for the Commonwealth to carry a concealed handgun without a permit while in the discharge of his official duties or while in transit to and from such duties.

[line]

I have no problem with this. The CAs put people in jail and ask for punishment. This is sometimes worse than the actual cop being the accusedto court in the first place. The first thing some bad guys want to do is go punish those that punished them.

Just like the police are authorised to carry at all times... so should the CAs considering their backgrounds are checked and they are eligible to do the job I believe they can be trusted.

LEO 229

imported post

peter nap wrote:
snipped.......

But he could carry concealed in a Va bar!:shock:
At one time he could.. He cannot carry at all anymore.. anywhere!

And considering he was drunk and not on his medication... I have known thousands of "citizens" in his condition. I have yet to meet a cop in this condition.

But it is not that cops are elite or anything. I suspect it is thatcops have been checked out and trusted as they need to be based on the authority that the state has given them.

doug23838

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
But it is not that cops are elite or anything.
:what:NO...now who could even THINK such a thing !

Gimme a break sport. Your concurrence with our elitists class creating legislature furthers the notion that we citizen underlings are less worthy than the "ruling class".

True enough CA's and prosecuting attorneys have been sought out by criminals attempting to avenge their punishment. And, as a CA, they are a "law enforcement officer".

You're good with the CA, untrained in fireams, packing wherever he wants to go? No "the bullet comes out this end" training? By virtue of his JOB, he is better than the rest of us 24x7? When he quits being a CA, he can't do it anymore. Illogical.

Ah... I may have hit on next year's amendment to this.... retired CAs...

Marco

imported post

So, with this line of thinking anyone that is a witness for the prosecution or on a juryshould be afforded the same benefits.
After a background check of course.

This would help stopwitness intimidation and jurytampering.

[line]

This is why I wouldnot vote( if on a jury)to convict someone of carrying illegally with some exceptions of course.

LEO 229

imported post

doug23838 wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
But it is not that cops are elite or anything.
:what:NO...now who could even THINK such a thing !

Gimme a break sport. Your concurrence with our elitists class creating legislature furthers the notion that we citizen underlings are less worthy than the "ruling class".

True enough CA's and prosecuting attorneys have been sought out by criminals attempting to avenge their punishment. And, as a CA, they are a "law enforcement officer".

You're good with the CA, untrained in fireams, packing wherever he wants to go? No "the bullet comes out this end" training? By virtue of his JOB, he is better than the rest of us 24x7? When he quits being a CA, he can't do it anymore. Illogical.

Ah... I may have hit on next year's amendment to this.... retired CAs...

Sorry Sport!

You are the one turning a job into a class of people.

As it stands now... EVERYONE in Virginia car carry a gun no matter what their training. So how will this be any different except they CA can cover it up? They could just open carry!! Since they work at the CA office... and in the courthouse... the permit process is kinda pointless since they would qualify. To get a permit they would need to show proficiency. Big deal!!! Do you not think they would have easy access to any police range to get used to shooting it?

And once again... YOU are thinking the CA is better than you because the CAwould getto carry without a permit. So I guess because cops can park anywhere they are better than you to.

Get over yourself, sport.

doug23838

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Do you not think they would have easy access to any police range to get used to shooting it?

And once again... YOU are thinking the CA is better than you because the CAwould getto carry without a permit. So I guess because cops can park anywhere they are better than you to.

Get over yourself, sport.

Because of their JOB they get to use the police range? What a benefit not extended to use underlings.

And, you've never seen a cop car parked in a "No Parking" zone outside the dry cleaners while Officer Big Head is picking up his uniforms? ????

We disagree. Attorneys (barely a life form) are not better than the population and should play be the same rules as the rest of us.