• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interested in getting together?

mmdkyoung123

Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA
imported post

I am trying to find out if anyone would be interested in getting together and doing an "open carry" dinner or lunch or something. I think it would be a step in the right direction in getting people "in the loop" so to speak about open carry rights. It would also give people a chance to learn about pending legislation and how to become more active in it. I believe that a lot of people aren't as active as they could/should be due to the fact that they just aren't sure how to go about it. I think a get together now and then would help to educate everyone and get people heading in the same direction on things that need to be done in Missouri such as state pre-emption and etc. Just food for thought. If anyone is interested we could start seeing about a geographically friendly (doesn't cost 200$ in gas to get to) location to meet. I am in KCMO.

Mike

captainamerica

imported post

I'm in KC too. I'd say a number of thisforums members are from MO and in particular the KC quadrant of the state. I'd be interested. I know personally that the missouricarry.com website is a major source for CCW andefforts on many firearms related issues is organized and helping to make a difference. Whether you would get very many takers on their forum to OC I cannot say but afew might be picked up.

I strongly believe and would support a MO OC day somewhere in the state or a more informal dinner get together in our area but have never seen ahard and fast effort put forth to do so.

mmdkyoung123

imported post

captainamerica wrote:
I'm in KC too. I'd say a number of thisforums members are from MO and in particular the KC quadrant of the state. I'd be interested. I know personally that the missouricarry.com website is a major source for CCW andefforts on many firearms related issues is organized and helping to make a difference. Whether you would get very many takers on their forum to OC I cannot say but afew might be picked up.

I strongly believe and would support a MO OC day somewhere in the state or a more informal dinner get together in our area but have never seen ahard and fast effort put forth to do so.

Yeah, I haven't either. Thats why I was interested in doing so. If we can get some other people together I think it would be fun. Maybe we could meet in the middle and get deepdiver involved, since he seems pretty lonesome over there all by himself. :lol:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mmdkyoung123 wrote:
captainamerica wrote:

Yeah, I haven't either. Thats why I was interested in doing so. If we can get some other people together I think it would be fun. Maybe we could meet in the middle and get deepdiver involved, since he seems pretty lonesome over there all by himself. :lol:
Awww, thanks for thinking of me! Actually, with a wedding coming up, 1 house to sell, 2 households to combine and all the other related stuff, as much as I appreciate it, do not make any considerations on my account for the next probably 3 months.

I would very much enjoy such a meet and to get to know all of you in person. If there is another planned further out than 3 months, I am more likely to have time to participate in the event.

mmdkyoung123

imported post

Awww, thanks for thinking of me! Actually, with a wedding coming up, 1 house to sell, 2 households to combine and all the other related stuff, as much as I appreciate it, do not make any considerations on my account for the next probably 3 months.

I would very much enjoy such a meet and to get to know all of you in person. If there is another planned further out than 3 months, I am more likely to have time to participate in the event.

WOW. I thought just getting married was tough. Cant Imagine trying to do it with selling of houses and combining families. Best of luck!!!! and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

P.S. are you registered at Smith and Weston, or one of the other dealers instead?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mmdkyoung123 wrote:

WOW. I thought just getting married was tough. Cant Imagine trying to do it with selling of houses and combining families. Best of luck!!!! and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

P.S. are you registered at Smith and Weston, or one of the other dealers instead?
Laff. :lol: and thank you. Some advice for you single guys - fiancee generally do not like it when you point out which guns and how many guns you could have bought for the cost of her engagement ring.

Neither of us has children which makes it easier, and her dog is already living with me and my pups at my house while she has her's on the market. It's just one of those situations where we both have our own fully furnished homes, we live 2 hours apart and have to merge 2 lives into 1, into the smaller of the 2 houses. The logistics of it pretty much suck. Love may be a beautiful thing, but sometimes it is also a pain in the a$$. :)

captainamerica

imported post

You will meet a huge number of handgun owning CCW licensed Missourians from all regional areas who might even OC from time to time if you hang out at missouricarry.com and attend the open attendenceannual picnic in Sept or Oct.

deepdiver wrote:
mmdkyoung123 wrote:
captainamerica wrote:

Superlite27

imported post

You will meet a huge number of handgun owning CCW licensed Missourians from all regional areas who might even OC from time to time if you hang out at missouricarry.com and attend the open attendenceannual picnic in Sept or Oct.

I agree. I regularly attend MOcarry events, and have met a great bunch of folks. I have even made the trip to KC to attend a get together there.

While opencarry.org is a great venue, and I enjoy frequenting this forum, I feel the wide array of members from all over the nation makes it harder for groups to "peacably assemble".

The annual missouricarry.com picnic in September is one of the best get togethers I've been to. Hundreds of folks packing guns, some competitive shooting events, AWESOME RAFFLES, good food.....

...is it September yet?

captainamerica

imported post

Which KC area event did you attend? We probably ran into each other but I can't recall. My user name is different over there.

Superlite27 wrote:

I agree. I regularly attend MOcarry events, and have met a great bunch of folks. I have even made the trip to KC to attend a get together there.

While opencarry.org is a great venue, and I enjoy frequenting this forum, I feel the wide array of members from all over the nation makes it harder for groups to "peacably assemble".

The annual missouricarry.com picnic in September is one of the best get togethers I've been to. Hundreds of folks packing guns, some competitive shooting events, AWESOME RAFFLES, good food.....

...is it September yet?

BroadwayXD

imported post

id like to get more involved in the efforts but as i have a new baby, go to college and help to run the local gun shop ive little to no time but dinner some night would be cool i live in cape and they are specifically forbiding of open carry but jackson is close and as far as i can tell tollerent to responsible citizens

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BroadwayXD wrote:
id like to get more involved in the efforts but as i have a new baby, go to college and help to run the local gun shop ive little to no time but dinner some night would be cool i live in cape and they are specifically forbiding of open carry but jackson is close and as far as i can tell tollerent to responsible citizens
If you are the same college student who was working there a year ago, I bought my P228 from you.

Jackson so far, and actually every place in the county outside of Cape city limits, has been fine for OC thus far. There's a guy who OC's regularly into Tractors in Jax from what I understand. There has to be more of us in Cape/Jackson area to get together for a Jax dinner.