• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taurus

RogueWarrior

imported post

Hi there Guys and Girls I just got home from shooting with a mate of mine and i was using his Taurus :D I likes tha feel of it so a question what do you guys think of the Taurus 24/7 pro Thanks in advance

VAopencarry

imported post

Heck if you like the feel of it, go for it. Hand fit and comfort is the most important thing about a gun imo. I owned one, never had any issues with it. Personaly I do not like the sites but it was a good gun. I also liked the ergos. Taurus=lifetime warranty.

PT 24/7

imported post

RogueAussie wrote:
Hi there Guys and Girls I just got home from shooting with a mate of mine and i was using his Taurus :D I likes tha feel of it so a question what do you guys think of the Taurus 24/7 pro Thanks in advance
I boughta 24/7 Pro afew months ago in a .40 caliber. I have been well please with it. The first time I picked it up Ilikedthe fit. It disassembles quickly and easily for cleaning and so far has never failed to fire or eject. I usemine for concealed carry and will concede it is a bit bulky but I'm willing to accept that.Thisis one of two Taurus firearms I own and I would not hesitate to purchase another.:)

Eeyore

imported post

I carry a PT111, which has the same trigger and controls as the 24/7. FWIW, I think they're discontinuing the Mill Pro'sin favor of a new 24/7 Compact.

Some things to consider:

1. As I mentioned, the controls (slide release, takedown lever, and safety) are the same as on the Mill Pro's. They are my only concern with the weapon. They look and feel kinda flimsy IMHO. They seem fine for the limited use mine sees, but if I was shooting a lot and the gun was getting a lot of abuse, they might not hold up.
  2. The ergo's are good. However, some people find that the "ribber" grip, although very comfy, detracts from accuracy due to the inherent flex.
  3. If you can wait, Taurus is supposedly coming out with a new 800-series (PT809, 840, etc) that looks very promising. http://www.taurususa.com/whatsnew/pistols.cfm

AbNo

imported post

I know Kendo_Bunny has a little 7-shot Taurus .38.

She seems to like it a lot, but it has a problem hitting WAY high sometimes. :?

Still, from what I've heard, Taurus makes AWESOME wheel guns.

Bear-n-arms nGA

imported post

As long as you are comfortable with it.. Thats the main factor. I carry a Taurus PT100 AF. It's a beautifulgun, shoots with the accuracy and dependability of my Kimber 1911. I say go for it.

Evans86

imported post

I am a bit of a taurus nut, I own a taurus Mil-Pro (PT-140) in .40 cal, A 24/7 Pro Compact in Titanium (only company that makes a semi auto in Ti) and it is light as a feather a mear 16 oz and holds 13 rounds of 9mm, i have a full size 24/7 oss in .40 cal, a PT-92 (same thing as a berretts 92 FS with a mod or two) and a PT-22 a little .22 cal for just range time. I never had a sigle problem and one of them was even a used gun about 6 years old and i am the 3rd owner of it (the PT-140). Ever time it came through the same gun shop and someone was upgradeing to a different Taurus. And from knowing the owner of the gun shop somewhat well, Taurus is amazing with their lifetime warrenty, even if you are the 2nd or 3rd owner of the gun and even if it was something that happened from negligents. I have talked 6 of my freinds back home into buying a taurus and 2 of the 6 it was their first guns. I am estatic about them.

If you want any more info on any of them or anything else Taurus has to offer, I know enough to be a sales man for them. So just hit me up on here about anything from taurus.

P.S. I also owe others - Jamens .380 semi-auto, S&W .38 revolver, Dan Wesson .357 Mag revolver and hopefully some more to come...

P.P.S. the Ti 24/7 compact wasn't as much as you'd think. It only cost about $650, the price of many Glocks (and this is half the weight, my lil PT-22 weighs more then the Ti 24/7)

curtm1911

imported post

dlnwoody wrote:
Does anyone have info for the .38 semi auto. Looking at getting one for the wife.
Do you mean a .38 Super? It is a good round, but a bit pricey and not real easy to find sometimes, ammo wise that is. I had a Colt Series 80 at one time, sold it, do not ask for details, still kick myself for ever parting with it, but a very capable round, not hard recoil, and very accurate.