Thread: Help Keep Our Campuses Safe

Post imported post

I just received this email and I thought this would be the best place to post it
    We Need Your Old and Used Holsters. Please forward this email to every gun owner that you know, post in forums, blog or print and hand out.
    In partnership with the Students for Concealed Carry on Campus (SCCC) , TGSCOM Inc. (www.thegunsource.com, www.topglock.com, glockworld.com, xdpistols.com and more) encourages gun owners, gun stores, police officers, manufacturers and concerned citizens to help the SCCC with its planned 2nd Annual Empty Holster Protest during the week April 21st - 25th. This is a great chance to help keep the younger generation involved in our sport and active in defending our Constitutional rights.
    The 21,000 member strong Students for Concealed Carry On Campus is conducting its 2nd Annual Empty Holster Protest on college campuses around the nation. Thousands of college students will attend classes wearing empty holsters in protest of state laws and school policies that stack the odds in favor of dangerous criminals and armed killers by disarming law abiding citizens licensed to carry concealed handguns virtually everywhere else. Protesters will focus on sharing the facts of concealed carry with students and faculty who may not be aware of the current laws that exist.
    TheGunSource.com will function as a distribution point for the SCCC and will donate our time, money and effort to get as many holsters to these students as possible. Your kind donations will help secure our rights and help involve the younger generation in our sport and beliefs.
    IMMEDIATE ACTION IS NECESSARY!!! In order to get the holsters to the students as quickly as possible, please ship your holster donation no later than April 4th.
    Send your holsters to:
    • Holsters For SCCC
      c/o TheGunSource.com
      1449 S. Broadway Street
      Green Bay, WI 54304
    Gun dealers: We encourage you to have a donation box in your store. Many stores have offered to sell inexpensive holsters for donations as well. This is a good opportunity to get your customers involved.
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

No offense intended here, but just a thought: Wouldn't people who were interested enough to take a stand and join "the on-campus-carry"protest also have orbe able to get/buy their own holsters? If not for the handgun they alreadyown but for the one they WILL be getting in the future? As we all know, holsters are not anywhere near as expensive as a gun and even if a holster has to be purchased (a cheap or even an expensive one), isn't that expensejust making a further personal commitment to the cause?

Holster donations are a good idea in some cases -- for example, if you know someone who owns a gun but does not have a holster for it and you have one you no longer need that fits his/her very gun --but for a one-time/annual even it seems somewhat wasteful, and I would think that someone that interested in on-campus-carry would get their own holster or already have one.

Besides, if they have a gun or are going to get one, they'd need a holster anyway, so it's not like it's a wasted purchase for them to get one on their own NOW not only for this particular protest event presently but also for everyday use later on, and it would fit the very gun they have or will be getting.

I mean, they would be thinking, "Hey, I bought this $50 "protest holster" for the gun I don't have, so now I have to buy that $500 gun to justify the holster purchase...damn! Oh well, at least it's a goodexcuse to buythat gun."

You know, it would encourage him/her in excellent logical thinkinglike that.

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
    No offense intended here, but just a thought: Wouldn't people who were interested enough to take a stand and join "the on-campus-carry"protest also have orbe able to get/buy their own holsters? If not for the handgun they alreadyown but for the one they WILL be getting in the future? As we all know, holsters are not anywhere near as expensive as a gun and even if a holster has to be purchased (a cheap or even an expensive one), isn't that expensejust making a further personal commitment to the cause?

Holster donations are a good idea in some cases -- for example, if you know someone who owns a gun but does not have a holster for it and you have one you no longer need that fits his/her very gun --but for a one-time/annual even it seems somewhat wasteful, and I would think that someone that interested in on-campus-carry would get their own holster or already have one.

Besides, if they have a gun or are going to get one, they'd need a holster anyway, so it's not like it's a wasted purchase for them to get one on their own NOW not only for this particular protest event presently but also for everyday use later on, and it would fit the very gun they have or will be getting.

I mean, they would be thinking, "Hey, I bought this $50 "protest holster" for the gun I don't have, so now I have to buy that $500 gun to justify the holster purchase...damn! Oh well, at least it's a goodexcuse to buythat gun."

You know, it would encourage him/her in excellent logical thinkinglike that.

-- John D.
    +1

Now, we should get our anti friends to go out and buy holsters, and maybe the same thing will happen...

Post imported post

I would like to officially state that I have..... three holsters to loan to any BRCC students on this board.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

i think there's a reasonably large pool of people who can't afford a holster or gun, or don't perceive risks to be great enough to justify the purchase of a handgun, but would be willing to participate in this sort of protest for civil rights. not just considering the expense of the holster or handgun, but the extent of their personal resources.
    i'm not trying to claim i'm a prole or anything, but i have several classmate friends who have survived on nothing but ramen for more than a week.
    (boy, if you think pot is hallucinogenic...) =)

Post imported post

Holy ten-month bump, Batman! :shock:
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

erk, sorry for the necromancy