Thread: Is Washington still an "Anomalous" OC state?

State Researcher

Post imported post

OC is permitted per state law of course, and is protected by preemption. However one does need a CPL to carry in a vehicle, and some LEA's are still a bit confused on the topic, or at least act that way.

OTOH do you think we have achieved "gold star" status, or would needing a CPL to carry in a vehicle screw that?

Post imported post

Needing the CPL to carry in a vehicle is pretty much what I think is keeping us from Gold Star status.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

I don't know, I live in AZ (for the past 2 or so years) and it really seems to me that WA is much more "gun-friendly" than it is here. I think the deal breaker is being able to enter an establishment that serves alcohol as opposed to AZ where you cannot. There have been instances where someone was open carrying, but because someone was standing on the opposite side of the gun, they said it was "concealed" and they were arrested for not possessing a CPL. Erroneous, I know. But it actually surprises me that WA is not a gold star state. (The guys as LEOs) common knowledge that OC is legal.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

It's more of a definitions issue. Arizona, due to State v. Adams and State v. Mims, should not be a gold star open carry state due to carry laws in the car.

Regards,

Lonnie

Post imported post

ATCer wrote:
    There have been instances where someone was open carrying, but because someone was standing on the opposite side of the gun, they said it was "concealed" and they were arrested for not possessing a CPL.
    Are you supposed to wear it on your head? :shock:
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.