• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster questions and various VA CC questions

captkirk9195

imported post

I'm in Manassas and am considering my OC/CC options. I plan to get my CHP in the next few months.

From what I understand from reading here and other places, I if I choose to CC carry once I get a license, I have to switch to OC in a restaurant that serves alcohol for onsite consuption.

The problem is I know that will make my wife uncomfortable, as she doesn't like guns. We've talked about it a few times and her attitude is equivelent to "then just leave them at home when we goto dinner". Kinda defeats the whole point of "defending myself".

Anyways, to the question. I have Sig P220 SAO and trying to decide what holster would work well for CC and then (tuck in shirt for example) OC. So I was considering a belt holster of some sort.

Also, can anyone correct me one way or the other, but to carry OC in a restaurant selling alcohol, it doesn't require your CHP does it? I was wondering that when contemplating coming to one of the OC lunches (of course, the right holster will help too!) :p

Thanks for any advice,

Jason

captkirk9195

imported post

Right,

I knew open carry required no permit, just wasn't sure if in a restaurant serving alcohol was something special, like some other scenarios (I believe Federal land, other than hunting is one of them).

Thanks again,

Jason

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

captkirk9195 wrote:
The problem is I know that will make my wife uncomfortable, as she doesn't like guns. We've talked about it a few times and her attitude is equivelent to "then just leave them at home when we goto dinner". Kinda defeats the whole point of "defending myself".
Possible response to wife: "Honey, I understand you're uncomfortable with my open-carrying for our personal defense, but not carrying in restaurants defeats some of the the purpose of it. You wouldn't want me to let the kids take off their seat belts now and then because they were "uncomfortable" with them, would you?"

Bubba Ron

imported post

Here's another one that a lot of us use:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/64801801307.html

Or for $9 more you can get it in the carbon fiber look. These come with two methods of attachment, belt loop and paddle, the paddle configuration holds the guncloser to your body and is more comfortable too!! You'll need a good gun belt too. This distributor is very good and reliable....

Resqu2

imported post

I know how you feel, my SO is my only critic to OC. No one else seems to notice. I show her stories of all the shootings going on and that kinda helps. Look at the FL Wendy's shooting a few weeks ago as an example of anything can happen to anyone at anytime. Tell heryou have to be ready to defend her. It is an up hill battle though. Good luck.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

You also have a 3rd and 4th option.

Option 3 is carry an Air Taser concealed in the Restaurant (I like my Taser and carry it often even when I am carrying a handgun)

Option 4 (this is not a recommendation either way) DELETED-LW

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
imported post

peter nap wrote:
You also have a 3rd and 4th option.

Option 3 is carry an Air Taser concealed in the Restaurant (I like my Taser and carry it often even when I am carrying a handgun)

Option 4 (this is not a recommendation either way) Carry concealed anyway.

+1option 4. Never ask Never Tell.

The Admiral just can't stand it when I OC, If someone where to confront "US" like LE or anyone the Admiral would just not handle it very well (I might actually enjoy it...but I digress) So... Imust CC... I OC Whenever the Admiral stays Aboard when I go ashore. When She goes I CC..

Before any of you "twitter" about breaking the law let me say this.. I am EQUAL with LE and Officers of the COURT and DA's because I AM a US CITIZEN....therefore their ILLEGAL LAW is null and void and powerless... I can't wait for the SCOTUS to rule.. but then again it won t influence what I do either way.

So... yes I am more afraid of the Admiral than any force on EARTH...:D ah but more precisely I must have her "Comfortable" and at peace,my OC when we are trying to have a nice supper together makes her so nervous that she can't relax... and if the ADMIRAL is not happy, no one is happy.

thats my story and I'm sticking to it...

Live FREE or DIE.

FreeFlight

captkirk9195

imported post

Well I went to Blue Ridge Arsenol today, and while waiting for my lane (they had a class in one lane today), I found a holster I like.

http://www.jbpholsters.com/servlet/the-70/LEATHER-GUN-HOLSTER-MASTER/Detail

Though they didn't have the 226/220 model, the model for the HK Fullsize fit perfectly.

I also got a Serpa single mag holster to wear weak side.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Now to work on the wife some more.

Jason