• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting Information about Kahr Arms....

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wow, who woulda thunk it?Interesting what a little surfing will find...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/daily/march99/moon10.htm

"With parts of its sprawling business empire in decline, the Unification Church headed by the Rev. Sun Myung Moon is finding profits in one of the least-known of its commercial ventures: making guns."

http://www.portfolio.com/careers/features/2007/09/17/Unification-Church/?TID=rm/goo/Articles_CT/Stolen_Guns_And_Murder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kook_Jin_Moon

Flintlock

imported post

The Washington Post writers are something else to say the least... Talk about over dramatizing the fact and putting huge emphasis on "powerful" and "large" weapons offered by Kahr...

"I see an irony, if not hypocrisy, that someone who professes peace and says he's completing Jesus's work also manufactures for profit an implement with no purpose other than killing people," said Tom Diaz, author of "Making a Killing," a new book critical of the firearms industry. "What's the message, turn the other cheek, or lock and load?"
Two years ago a demoralized British member wrote Moon saying he was quitting partly because of the church's involvement with Kahr guns. "I might ask if you, as a founder of a religious organization which has 'world peace' as one of its goals, consider it appropriate to manufacture weapons for sale on the mass market," the member wrote.

I put this in another recent post but I though it would be appropriate here as well...
http://www.mouseguns.com/cba.htm
Luke 11:21
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed."
Kahr has been in the forefront of seizing on changes in state and federal law and marketing a controversial type of small, six-inch-long handgun whose sales are surging. Guns that size had been around for decades, but they could shoot only small bullets.
Then in recent years, 31 states passed laws, promoted by the National Rifle Association, allowing people to carry concealed weapons. Moreover, in 1994 the government banned manufacture of guns able to hold more than 10 bullets. Now unable to sell popular models shooting up to 21 bullets, the industry searched for new products to sell. Oh geeeezz... They didn't ban any guns at all, just cosmetic features of some firearms andjust restricted magazine capacity for newly manufacturered magazines to the general public. Obviously, that bill has since expired... Besides, they make 32 round mags for theGlock 9mm's, so this information is tainted, skewed, and ridiculous...
Gun firms – with Kahr at the head of the pack Says who???Lots of manufacturers have adjusted with the times and the laws..responded to these changes by finding a new market niche to exploit – small but well-made pistols that fire eight or fewer relatively large 9mm and .40-caliber bullets.
Emergency room physicians blame the spread in the last decade of 9mm and .40-caliber guns for dramatic increases in more devastating and at times fatal gunshot wounds. See whatI mean...???The NRA says the nation is safer because of the 2 percent or so of adults who always carry handguns, and it cites studies supporting that claim.

savery

imported post

Flintlock,

Don't forget:

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Luke 25:36, NIV