• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moscow & Pullman lunch

G27

imported post

Hello my border neighbors! Incase any of you didn't know a few of us at WSU are planning on doing a lunch tomorrow. If any of you in Moscow area are interested browse the Washington forum or message me your phone number and I'll keep you up to date.

G27

imported post

So needless to say we had our open carry dinner over here in Pullman. It was actually in Moscow, Idaho because there is no good restaurants over in Pullman but I got to meet quite a bit of new people and it was extremely fun.

We ate dinner at Winger's with no problems and just as we paid a manager came and told us that Luke needed to put his firearm in his car. He replied that Idaho was an Open Carry state. The manager at that time didn't want to talk about it any further and b told us it was private property and that he needed to go put it in the car. We then proceeded to leave. Dave and Kevin went back in to ask the manager what was up with it. The wife didn't want me getting arrested and she wasn't about to let me go back in. I called Dave to see if he needed to be bailed out and he said the manager was nicer about the subject the second time around and just said that some people had complained about it and that he wanted to make everyone happy. So I guess Winger's won't be our next choice as they clearly don't support us open carrying there. He said we were welcome to come back, as long as the guns were left in the car. I don't believe this is corporate policy but I won't be going back nonetheless. A manager is supposed to represent a company, and this left a bad taste in my mouth. But I've come to expect that.

The interesting side of the story is that the people that were scared of our firearms is one of the girl's friends. He said that they were scared by a bunch of guys sitting next to them with guns. She told him to grow up. I was actually impressed by the wife's change of attitude on the whole subject and she completely supports us now. I was thrilled to see her stick up for the "bunch of crazy guys carrying guns."

Thanks to everyone that came out. It was awesome meeting you Dave and Kevin. You need to tell your friend Luke to come and join the board. It would be nice to see a new poster. Also, Kevin, what screen name do you go on under this board?

lilothedog

imported post

Hey guys, if your ever in the Lewiston/Clarkston area, let me know. I OC 24/7 around the valley and love to "shock and awe"! Always interested in meeting new poeple and share ideas and experiences.