• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

chefW's open carry log

ChefW

imported post

Well in my previous topic I told you that I finally got my bersa thunder .380. Well after that we went to shooter's to get the transfer (the closest who would do it on a sunday, the other guy was and hour and a half away!!) With that done, me and the wife hit IHOP. They were extremely busy and it took about 20 minutes to get a table, but well worth the wait. I saw a kid looking at it and whispering to his mother, nothing major. We sat down and enjoyed our breakfast which was great. We payed and went to the mall. Now, I didn't see any signs on the windows at the entrance by Ruby Tuesday's so I went in locked and loaded. Uneventful and no one said a word. I passed a DSP officer who looked, said nothing, nodded and kept walking. Great LEO encounter if you want to call it that. We then went to X-ring on Rt. 273to buy a cleaning kit for my bersa and I didn't know if guns were allowed inside so I left it in the car. With my cleaning kit in hand we went home so I could make pizza. I make pizza from scratch every saturday for my wife and me. It's our little tradition. I mean dough and everything. So I looked for my flour and saw that we didn't have enough. So I strap up and me and the wife head for pathmark on Rt. 13 to pick up more. No one looked or said anything but it was really busy. Almost no cashiers and like 50 people in line (no joke). I bypassed all that crap and went to customer service to pay. Went home and that was my wonderful first day of OC'ing. I hope I have many more just like it!:)

ChefW

imported post

Well folks sorry I haven't been here as much as I should. I just got my laptop so I will be on here much more. I've a bad OC experience I feel I should talk to you about. I was out shopping for cars last week. I need something so I can give my wife her car back. Anyway, I went to Castle Mitsubishi on the corner of 13 and 273 in New Castle. I was looking at a eclipse spyder. The salesmen treated me like a fricken terrorist. The owner told me to come back "when I had my head on straight"! Needless to say, I will not be doing my car shopping there ever. Even when they new it to be legal, I was still treated badly. No Mitsu for me, I actually want to get a prius like Wynder has. I travel too much and need the savings on gas. Well I'm back and you see a ton of more posts about my experiences with OC.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

ChefW wrote:
Well folks sorry I haven't been here as much as I should. I just got my laptop so I will be on here much more. I've a bad OC experience I feel I should talk to you about. I was out shopping for cars last week. I need something so I can give my wife her car back. Anyway, I went to Castle Mitsubishi on the corner of 13 and 273 in New Castle. I was looking at a eclipse spyder. The salesmen treated me like a fricken terrorist. The owner told me to come back "when I had my head on straight"! Needless to say, I will not be doing my car shopping there ever. Even when they new it to be legal, I was still treated badly. No Mitsu for me, I actually want to get a prius like Wynder has. I travel too much and need the savings on gas. Well I'm back and you see a ton of more posts about my experiences with OC.
What?!

You get names? Time? Date? More details?

If this is the case, I think we should certainly contact to let them know that we don't appreciate this kind of treatment and they won't be receiving any of our business...

MustangDave

imported post

Mr. Bruce wrote:
Sorry to hear that Chef....... I won't be going there and I will not recommend them to anyone

Yeah, same here. I'll let my friends and familyknow to not go there if/when they go car shopping.

Myopicvisionary wrote:
Perhaps everyone should OC there and NOT buy anything.

That was my first though when I read this.