Thread: Myopicvisionary's OC log

Post imported post

I open carried my Kimber .45ACP today. I left the house and walked through the neighborhood to the Speedy Gas station. I entered the store and the owner; who seems to live there, recognized me and bid me good morning. Several patrons saw my sidearm but showed no reaction. After using the ATM, I strode across Kirkwood Highway to the Dunkin Donuts. I stood in line waiting to be served with no reactions from anyone. I placed my order and waited for my breakfast sandwich and coffee. The whole time there were no acknowledgement of my armed status. Now when I got my order and sat down to eat, I noticed something strange. There was an orderof hash browns in the bag that I did not order. Returning to the counter to let them know about the error, the clerk seemed to be waiting for me. Before I could finish my sentence, he said that theywere free! So I said "Thank you" and sat down to eat. Was I a random customer that they gave a free sample to? Or was it because I was carrying a pistol in their establishment? Was it to appease me, though I don't know why? Perhaps he merely acknowledged that I was a good guy and bid me to return? On the return walk home I was passed by numerous people, none of which paid any notice.

Post imported post

That's awsome.

Post imported post

My guess is he gave you some free food because he saw your gun and thought you were a cop. Lots of times cops will get free stuff and / or discounts at DD and other fast food places.

I'd put my money on him assuming you were an LEO.

Post imported post

Thats my gut feeling also. I was dressed definately "un-cop like" to make sure that no one could say I was purporting myself to be one.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Also, consider that DD's hashbrowns were just introduced a couple of weeks ago -- they might be giving them away as a marketing thing.

Regular Member dave_in_delaware's Avatar

Post imported post

I think you got the free stuff because of your gun more than any promotional thing. Besides, it's the whole cops-n-coffe-n-donuts thing....

Seriously though, I've noticed that people are friendlier and more courteous when they see your gun. I assume it's becasue they think you're probably some sort of cop.

(Or maybe they're afraid of being pistol-whipped if they tick you off). LOL.
    Dave
    Co-Founder & Global Moderator
    Delaware Open Carry