Thread: open carry in arizonia

Post imported post

I am planning a two week vacation in arizonia, would i be able to open carry while I visit or do i need a permit from that state? I am a NY resident with a ccw, but will be taking no weapon with me. :?

Post imported post

So... dare I ask what you'll be open-carrying while you visit if you're not taking a weapon with you?

Arizona is a "gold star" state as far as OC is concerned, so no permit is needed per the Arizona page of http://opencarry.org/

CCW from New York? I smell a troll... but if not, welcome to OCDO!

Post imported post

I have a brother-in-law living there and that is the reason I need no weapon, will use his.

Post imported post

Being from Penn. You should know that NYS is not the most gun friendly, and my ccw means nothing outside of the state, as very few have a ricprocity with NY. Any way thanks for the reply.

Post imported post

Arizona Recognizes all other states valid permits, however some states require written agreements in order for them to recognize our state. So if you have a valid CCW with NY, then you could carry concealed if you were so inclined.

Post imported post

wildwood477 wrote:
    Being from Penn. You should know that NYS is not the most gun friendly, and my ccw means nothing outside of the state, as very few have a ricprocity with NY. Any way thanks for the reply.
    Just curious how you managed to get one... Do you happen to be a $4,000-per-night call girl?

Post imported post

Back when I got my ccw permit it cost $7.50, back ground check was 3 wks, and I would assume you were still running around in diapers, But thanks again for you're humor.

Post imported post

speaking of which...any idea how paterson views the second amendment? (not a sight pun)

Post imported post

I read somewhere that he was so anti that he even thinks LEOs should shoot to wound, not shoot to stop the threat.

Post imported post

Tell ya the truth you can't find much on Gov. Patterson, and his stance on gun's I'm sure it probably isn't good. Today the Justice Dept. takes up the 2nd Admendment and the DC gun Ban, that should be interesting to say the least.

Post imported post

Sorry That would be the Supreme Court Justice"s:?

Post imported post

Open carry is fairly common in Arizona. You shouldn't have a problem but it wouldn't hurt to check several different gun-related websites.

See www.handgunlaw.us and use its License Tool to see what Reciprocity you might have with your New York CCW permit.

P.S. For the sake of being a Goodwill Ambassador, instead of referring to the firearm you're carrying as either a 'Weapon' or a 'Gun', refer to it as simply a 'Sidearm' - the same language which law enforcement uses. It will be less provocative and help you come across as a 'good guy'.