• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Supressors

John Hardin

imported post

if you get caught using one here you will likely be charged with using it as the State A.G says that it is illegal to use one, per state law.
Do you have a reference to where the AG actually said that? If he has said this, then it's a big blow to the "LEO use them without consequence" argument...

Agent 47

imported post

John Hardin wrote:
if you get caught using one here you will likely be charged with using it as the State A.G says that it is illegal to use one, per state law.
Do you have a reference to where the AG actually said that? If he has said this, then it's a big blow to the "LEO use them without consequence" argument...
He actually only went so far as to say attaching it to a gun was NOT "use" he did not define what "use" is.

Agent 47

imported post

Kuiper2008 wrote:
Is there an age restriction? How long of a waiting period is there? What do I need to know before I go into Wades/Sams/Discount where-ever andbuy one? What is a "tax-stamp"? Does it come with the surppressor? After the paperwork?

Age restriction is 21 years, same as a handgun. Waiting period varies depending on how backed up they are and the examiner you get (different examiners are assigned based on the first letter in your last name and some take longer than others ) waiting periods have been ranging from three to nine weeks lately, My most recent purchase took about eight weeks start to finish. The tax stamp comes affixed to the application paperwork along with the signature of your examiner after it has been approved this paper is your silencer licence and you will need to have a copy of it with you whenever you are carrying or transporting the silencer, just like your CPL needs to be with you when you are CC'ing. the tax stamp is just that, a stamp. it looks like an overgrown postage stamp but instead of having $0.37 on it it has $200. When you go into wades or discount ( sam's does not sell them ) It will help to have a cashiers check already made out to the BATFE for $200 then they can set you up wit the living trust and they take care of everything else for you. Like I said it is pretty easy there are no hoops to jump through it is primarily just kicking back and waiting.

Bear 45/70

imported post

ScorpioMk wrote:
Bear gets more hate on here than Hillary, its kinda funny.
I'd rather be hated by a moron like Kuiper2008 thanbe like Hillary and have you vote for me.
rolleyes.gif

Trigger Dr

imported post

Kuiper2008 wrote:
Why do people always talk so much smack online. I bet if I was at the range with my 9mm in my hand you wouldn't be so condescending.

Sounds like a threat to me...

Tell you what, If I cannot, or, would not say it to your face, then I would not post it on a forum.

If you think your "9mm" in your hand makes you a man, you really have a surprise coming.. that statement proves you don't have the intestinal fortitude to stand up by yourself. Try it with this OLD MAN and you will end up with a dent in your chin. Yeah I am 68 years, weigh 165, and don't take crap from anyone .

Attachments

• WisconsinBeerstube.jpg
    WisconsinBeerstube.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 252

expvideo

imported post

ScorpioMk wrote:
Bear gets more hate on here than Hillary, its kinda funny.

That's because he doesn't think anyone younger than him or without military service has the right to call himself a man,much less live in this country.

Kuiper2008 wrote:
Why do people always talk so much smack online. I bet if I was at the range with my 9mm in my hand you wouldn't be so condescending.
That was a very inappropriate thing to say. We're all armed here, and that has nothing to do with how we interact with people. If you think that having a gun in your handmakes you superior to someone else, then you are dangerous, and not the kind of person we want representing gun owners. If I ever saw you trying to intimidate someone with a gun, I would make you regret it very quickly, and I'm pretty sure the majority of the people on this forum would do the same. Your gun does not give you a right to not be condescended to, and if you think it does you need to get the hell out of this forum, because we don't want you here. I hope I have just misunderstood what was meant as a joke.

seattlite

imported post

Hello,

Anyone know of another Class III dealer besides Wade's that is closer to the Southend(Kent, Renton, Auburn)?

Thanks
Richard

heresolong

imported post

Anyone seen the Smith Enterprises suppressors for the Vortex flash hider for sale anywhere? Ron's website lists them as LEO/Gov sales only but I would like to pick one up given the opportunity.

John Hardin

imported post

Agent 47 wrote:
John Hardin wrote:
He actually only went so far as to say attaching it to a gun was NOT "use" he did not define what "use" is.
Okay, I've sent my representative a question about this, we'll see if he forwards it to the AG.