• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ouch! GLOCK 18 accident.

unrequited

imported post

If you're going to shoot one-handed, make sure your other hand is nowhere near the muzzle... don't shoot one-and-a-half handed... you'll end up doing what this guy did.

I've read other stories of people putting one through their left hand, or at least getting nasty powder burn because they were either cupping their right hand, or not gripping at all with the left, and double-tapping an unintended shot.

He's lucky he only put one through his hand...

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It looks like he was using a vertical foregrip attached to the accessory rail and it came off during that last burst. You can see it lying on the floor in the last few frames of the video.

VAopencarry

imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
It looks like he was using a vertical foregrip attached to the accessory rail and it came off during that last burst. You can see it lying on the floor in the last few frames of the video.
Yup.

unrequited

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
OC-Glock19 wrote:
It looks like he was using a vertical foregrip attached to the accessory rail and it came off during that last burst.  You can see it lying on the floor in the last few frames of the video.
Yup.
Oops. Missed that small fact. Guess I look dumb now. I guess I'll change my first post to, "don't trust plastic tension screws on plastic to hold under repeated fully-automatic jarring".

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Michigander wrote:
Yeah, Mr ATF "I am the only one in the room professional enough to handle this Glock .40" BANG lost my toes ...

If you click over to the youtube page for the OP video the write up on it confirms (in layman's terms) that there was a vertical foregrip, apparently on a picatinny rail.

I do not want my hand that close to the muzzle end of any pistol. I'll stick with a 2 handed normal grip TYVM.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Not the reaction I expected after being shot!

A little OT, but longwatch, how do you embed youtube videos?
I have tried with no success!

LEO 229

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
Not the reaction I expected after being shot!

A little OT, but longwatch, how do you embed youtube videos?
I have tried with no success!

Shock hitting him first and he has to "man up" in front of his friends. Just like the DEA guy who discharged a round into his leg. They both played it cool.

If they were alone.. they would be screaming and cursing!! :lol:

Manka Cat

imported post

Wow, that cop in the classroom really put the fear of guns in those kids...thats great. They almost panicked when the women brought out that rifle/shotgun whatever it was, (blurry video).

On the other hand, that is pretty tough to keep on with the lecture after getting shot.

On the third hand, now those kids also think gun wounds aren't that bad.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Manka Cat wrote:
Wow, that cop in the classroom really put the fear of guns in those kids...thats great. They almost panicked when the women brought out that rifle/shotgun whatever it was, (blurry video).

On the other hand, that is pretty tough to keep on with the lecture after getting shot.

On the third hand, now those kids also think gun wounds aren't that bad.

LOL!! Every time I've seen that video, it stopped well before they brought out the rifle (looked like an AR type to me). That's absolutely hilarious how they react! "PUT IT DOWN!!" rotflmao!!

Anyway I'm not surprised that this guy, and the guy in the original video, didn't freak out and start screaming and cursing. I yell and scream when I stub my toe on something, 'cause dangit it hurts! But the one time I was in a car accident (deer), I might have been in a lot of pain, but I didn't so much as curse. I think it's somewhat natural for a lot of people to stay calm when they realize something really bad just happened..

Bullbuster

imported post

Ok even after watching that 3 times I still can's see how he managed to do that. Maybe I'm just blind. But it looked like it went through the webbing between his thumb and index finger.

Jim Thorpe

imported post

Yea, I am not sure either, which is why I look forward to everyone's comments. It almost looks as if the firearm has an extra stock that broke off during firing.

Virginiaplanter

imported post

I don't see anybody getting shot in the hand. What I do see is somebody's left hand possibly hit by the slide on its rearward movement. That's my observation. He may have been faking the whole thing.

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This video has been discussed in another thread -- I can't find it right now. The Glock 18 had a vertical foregrip attached to the accessory rail and it came off while firing. You can see it lying on the ground in the last few seconds of the video.

Jim Thorpe

imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
This video has been discussed in another thread -- I can't find it right now. The Glock 18 had a vertical foregrip attached to the accessory rail and it came off while firing. You can see it lying on the ground in the last few seconds of the video.

That website just posted it, so I figured no one had seen it yet.

That makes perfect sense, because I said in the previous post, it looked as if there was another stock (the foregrip, as you mention) he was holding onto, that broke off during firing.

Whether or not the round went through his hand, it ended up hitting the ceiling right above the target. If you look closely above the target and not pay attention to the malfunction, you will see the round strike.