• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ouch! GLOCK 18 accident.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I can see exactly what happened.

They were shooting a Glock 18. The guy, who possibly didn't know how to shoot (and nobody bothered to show him), was attempting to steady the weapon by resting the barrel on his weak hand. Then, when he put it into full-auto mode, the excess recoil caused the gun to fly back, while his hand remained in place.

=pwnt

Edit: Actually, the front grip explanation is pretty convincing. I may have to concede defeat. :lol:

If so, I have to say, putting a front grip on a Glock 18 is dumb. The last thing you want is a full-auto piece falling apart in your hands. If you can't fire the thing the way it was built, I would recommend buying another automatic weapon. Barring that, red thread lock. :D

http://www.seger.nl/homepage/2006fun/stuff/glock18 auto2.mpg

This guy has no problem without some dumb front grip. ;)

Jim Thorpe wrote:
Whether or not the round went through his hand, it ended up hitting the ceiling right above the target. If you look closely above the target and not pay attention to the malfunction, you will see the round strike.

Eh, the gun was in full-auto mode, and he fired a decent burst. It could have been another round that hit the ceiling.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I had to watch it a few times and read comments first..

I didnt know it was full auto, it looked MAYBE, on the last shot his hand ended up in front of it when the foregrip came off