• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Breaking News: Somebody shot at Gateway Max station

grishnav

imported post

Just days after Phssthpok and myself were removed from the Max due to carrying our self-defense firearms, somebody is shot at the Gateway max station, one stop from where we were removed.

More details as they become available.

pdxwarrior

imported post

Wow! How's that for coincendence?

And imagine, that even happened in the middle of the day! Wasn't one of them random after hours events. I would guess there'd have to be some witnesses.

grishnav

imported post

So frustrating...

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news/story.php?story_id=120588326694910800

A Fairview man has been charged in connection with a shooting that forced the partial closure of the light-rail station at TriMet’s Gateway Transit Center on Tuesday afternoon.

Police were called at 3:17 p.m. when a shot was fired at the transit center.Officers found a 69-year-old man with what appeared to be a gunshot wound to his left thumb. The injury was not life threatening, police said.

“At the time that we contacted the victim, he appeared to be somewhat intoxicated and very uncooperative,” said Portland Police Officer Catherine Kent. “Luckily, a TriMet supervisor happened to see a person the victim had been talking to prior to him being shot and was able to give us a pretty good description.”

Police were able to catch up to 71-year-old John Hutchens of Fairview at the Ruby Junction/East 197th Avenue MAX Station in Gresham and take him into custody.

He was arrested and charged with one count of Assault in the Second Degree. A semi-automatic handgun was recovered from Hutchens, police said.

The victim remains hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.

It does not appear that the victim and suspect know each other.

The incident forced TriMet to close the eastbound MAX platform at the Gateway Transit Center, but all trains were moving again by 5 p.m.

KPAM 860 contributed to this report

SetivaSicWood

imported post

When I first saw this post I wanted to spout off with "theories" but, held my virtual tongue. It was an atypical situation to be sure. This morning it sounds like they tried using the gun to open a bottle of fortified wine and someone got shot in the thumb in the ensuing scuffle.

Just kidding, I have no real idea what actually happened.

So I apologize, as this reply has no redeeming valueat all

Attachments

• 120590092157713700.jpg
    120590092157713700.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 268