• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CALL IN TO BLOCK COOK COUNTY GUN BAN . . .

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

The Illinois State Rifle Association has sent out an alert regarding a telephone poll in Cook County where callers can vote for or against gun-control ordinances; it's important to note that you do not need to be a resident of Cook County to vote. According to ISRA, the Cook County Board is attempting to justify passage of gun-control ordinances designed to close all gun shops and ban and confiscate most guns owned by citizens of the county. ISRA says here's what callers should do: Call 1-312 -603-6400 and select Option 1 when prompted. At the next prompt, select Option 1 again. Then, when prompted to vote on the gun-control ordinance, press 2. It's important to let all your gun-owning friends know about this and have them vote too; also, post this alert to your Internet sites and blogs.

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
The Illinois State Rifle Association has sent out an alert regarding a telephone poll in Cook County where callers can vote for or against gun-control ordinances; it's important to note that you do not need to be a resident of Cook County to vote. According to ISRA, the Cook County Board is attempting to justify passage of gun-control ordinances designed to close all gun shops and ban and confiscate most guns owned by citizens of the county. ISRA says here's what callers should do: Call 1-312 -603-6400 and select Option 1 when prompted. At the next prompt, select Option 1 again. Then, when prompted to vote on the gun-control ordinance, press 2. It's important to let all your gun-owning friends know about this and have them vote too; also, post this alert to your Internet sites and blogs.

I am not a Cook County resident, but, I have lived in Cook County (Chicago South Side) for 25 years. My family lives in Cook County, and, I visit all the time. I have just called and voted against the gun-control ordinance. I urge everyone to vote the same, and, give the people in Cook County back the means to protect themselves.

2nd Amendment.......Use it.........Or, lose it!!:X

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

Grew up in cook County for 19 years, and although I don't live there now, I still frequent it on occasion, and have many friends living there. Vote cast.

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

just voted!

I use to live in Downers grove, I never want to move back unless I can conceal carry

I'll post a link in the UT section to help support gun rights for all American citizens.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Just voted.

I need to support Brother-in-Arms/Lawful Citizens/Legal Residentswherever I am. One may never know where fate takes oneself.

TJ