• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking to meet new people...

compmanio365

imported post

I keep trying to get out to the capital forest site to go do some real shooting, but plans keep falling apart. I am going to try to make it down there again this weekend. Sounds like it's a good place to go expend some ammo.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

UGH! MY EYES!!!!

DUDE, DID YOU REALLY NEED TO POST THAT PICTURE?!!! TMI!

phone guy wrote:
Hi there. I am good looking and I have a gun also, I keep it on the wall by my computer.
Anyway welcome to the forum. I am old but do have a daughter who is 27. I will tell her about you. My daughter hates guns and I am trying to get her to shoot with me.
I think you will not have a hard time looking for a guy your age to shoot with.

Bear 45/70

imported post

phone guy wrote:
Where is this capital forest? Is it in WA DC? LOL
SW of Olympia, Washington. As on left coast inlike Washington State.
rolleyes.gif

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sailarmy wrote:
hey im a new-b as well living up north of ya in Bremerton maby we can get a shoot together sometime.

Eric
Hey sailarmy, welcome to OCDO! Make yourself at home and feel free to ask any question you have, there's a LOT of knowledge and experience here and more than willing to give help, advice and opinions.

But your name has me cornfused....."Sail Army"? Help me here...

Sail Navy I understand.Go Army makes sense or better yet -GO NAVY - BEAT ARMY!! (again and again and again.....)

Bob
GSCS(SW) USN (Ret.)

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

sailarmy wrote:
hey im a new-b as well living up north of ya in Bremerton maby we can get a shoot together sometime.

Eric
sailarmy... welcome! May I presume you are on or served on an Army tug or cargo vessel?

Steve

Samantha86

imported post

I wanted to find the laws for open carry after being harrassed by some assf***at the taco bell by the lacey cinemas. I googled "open carry" and found this.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hot_Every_Night wrote:
I wanted to find the laws for open carry after being harrassed by some assf***at the taco bell by the lacey cinemas. I googled "open carry" and found this.
Had to edit that one out, Hot...gotta keep it to a minimum as per forum rule 2. We got the point and have all dealt with those, believe me!

Ain't google great?
2) Keep the profanity to a minimum. While an expletive may be the only way to convey the depth of anger / surprise or frustration you are trying to express, please do not use them gratuitously.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Hot_Every_Night wrote:
I wanted to find the laws for open carry after being harrassed by some ass f***at the taco bell by the lacey cinemas. I googled "open carry" and found this.

LOL, I frequent that Taco Hell, haven't OC'ed there yet, I think I may have to....

Was it an employee or ???

TechnoWeenie

imported post

phone guy wrote:
I am old but do have a daughter who is 27.

Is she cute and single? :celebrate

Sidenote: Hot every night, do you work at the vet clinic off of school st.? Anyway, I'm actually new to this area, I know a few shooting spots, and open carry when I can (makes it easier that I have a pistol now:lol:) You can shoot me a PM if you wanna talk or arrange a shooting match... heh...

sailarmy

imported post

BobCav wrote:
sailarmy wrote:

Eric
Hey sailarmy, welcome to OCDO! Make yourself at home and feel free to ask any question you have, there's a LOT of knowledge and experience here and more than willing to give help, advice and opinions.

But your name has me cornfused....."Sail Army"? Help me here...

Sail Navy I understand.Go Army makes sense or better yet -GO NAVY - BEAT ARMY!! (again and again and again.....)

Bob
GSCS(SW) USN (Ret.)

I am currenty an Army Resevest serving on an Army Logistics Support Vessel (LSV) if you google it you will see pictures and stuff...

Eric

TechnoWeenie

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
BobCav wrote:
Got it, thanks.  I new the Army had ships and craft, just didn't know there were any in Bremerton.  Thanks for your service!

...neither did I, and I live across the Puget Sound from him. :p

Speaking of boats, and the army...

I was looking at some military surplus direct from the army, and Fort George G. Meade (Home of No Such Agency) was selling 40' and 60' 'fishing vessels', complete with rigging and everything...But the rigging was brand new, looked like it had never been used, and the interior was COMPLETELY stripped, It was obvious there were racks in there, along with desks and whatnot, and it had the biggest engines you could squeeze in the engine compartment. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what it was 'fishing' for..

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

As a former analyst who was NOT associated with the agency you did NOT mention I can state catagorically that those boats may or may not have been used for fishing.

I also go to Cap. Forest on a regular basis - there's a great gravel pit that about 150 by 75 yards that we use regularly.

Perhps we ought to organize a big 'ol cluster shoot. (All proper safety observed of course.) It's very easy to run a handgun range in one direction and longgun in another without interfering with each other.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Just how in the hell do you run a "long gun" range in a 75 yd gravel pit?

If it is less than 250 yds, it is not even mid range. Find a spot out to 900 - 1000 and then call it long range and I will come and show you what an 1874 Sharps 45/70 can do.

Attachments

• Fireball.jpg
    Fireball.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 192

Trigger Dr

imported post

Oh, also, it can "kill" on both ends if you are not careful.

Attachments

• Ouch1.jpg
    Ouch1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 197