• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC/CC and Range Questions

kwmayo

imported post

I'm from Virginia, and I was recently accepted to attend the Air Force's graduate school outside Dayton.

I know my VA concealed permit is honored in Ohio, but I dont know much more about the laws of your state, so I have a few questions.

1) Could someone be kind enough to provide me with a link to the OC and CC laws in Ohio? I found the stuff on the Ohio State website to not include the tricky little details.

2) Here in Charlottesville, I'm blessed with a great private shooting range. Because I dont know Ohio, I'm having a hard time finding a public or private range in the Dayton area that I could become a member of.

Any help would be appreciated -- thanks all in advance.

Lthrnck

imported post

There is only one ORC (Ohio Revised Code) 9.68 which mentions Open Carry. That is the pre-exemption code. This is the only one I am aware of. Open Carry in Ohio is a constitutional right Article 1, Section 4.

You might try the Vandaila Range and Armory on National Rd in Vandaila. They have a really nice facility there and should be opening their new "100 YARD" indoor, underground rifle range soon.

www.vra-ohio.com

937 387-0485.