• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DC - Youth Shot in Robbery Attempt

OneShot

imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Wynder wrote:
Is it just me or does the fact that the robber was shot in the buttocks strike you as a bit odd?

In order to hit someone in the ass, they have to be facing the opposite direction -- so, did the officer fire while the robber was running? Perhaps he saw the cop pull the gun and he turned around and ran?

No longer a threat?

Not that I don't think that should matter if someone pulls a knife or gun on you, but you know this will be brought up.
I would say the guy saw the gun popping out and at the moment of the shot... turned to avoid it and it winged him. :D

I could go with that..yea...yea...it was like ...he was swinging the knife at me and as I squeezed the trigger..he like...jumped 180...and like... BAM... Right in the buttocks! Dumb criminals! The Cop should be Exhonorated for his Heroics in curbing the city's crime BUT, he should be punished for poor marksmanship and sent to class to work on his "center mass" shooting skills.

On second thought, maybewe shouldcheck fora misprint in the DC Police manual.Maybe they forgot the "m", so it read "center a$$". :what:

LEO 229

imported post

OneShot wrote:
I could go with that..yea...yea...it was like ...he was swinging the knife at me and as I squeezed the trigger..he like...jumped 180...and like... BAM... Right in the buttocks! Dumb criminals! The Cop should be Exhonorated for his Heroics in curbing the city's crime BUT, he should be punished for poor marksmanship and sent to class to work on his "center mass" shooting skills.

On second thought, maybewe shouldcheck fora misprint in the DC Police manual.Maybe they forgot the "m", so it read "center a$$". :what:
Being that close..... I cannot see why center mass was not achieved.

But maybe someone pulled the trigger while clearing the holster and it was aimed down. I wonder.... where exactly didthe shot make entry.... :question: