• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Flint Gear Grinders Car Show

WARCHILD

imported post

Ok all: Let's see if we can make this meet a real crowd. I have recieved the schedule for the Flint Gear Grinders car show with OCDO invitation. So put this on your calendar!

Where: At Rocky's Great Outdoors, in Flint-- on the corner of S. Saginaw St. and Bristol Rd.

When: Sat. June 14th-- FLAG DAY! Very fitting day to carry some iron!

What: Car show-- 10a.m. to 5p.m.--carregistration from 10a.m. to noon-- voting, noon to 4p.m.-- awards-- 4p.m. to 5p.m..

OCDO will have a table right next to the front door (under the overhang, so no sun to worry about). This would be a fantastic opportunity to getthe word out. I have been to many of my son's car shows and they are always crowded. In fact, the oneI went to inFenton, someone ask Steve if I was a security guard he hiredfor the show since it was in a bar parking lot and may have to deal with drunken troubles. Yes, I was OCing my 9mm loud and proud so to speak. I told quite a few people at that time it was legal but couldn't prove my claim with law, I CAN NOW, thanks to you all.

So let's get as many as possible to come to this meet. We can all enjoy some EYE CANDY AND IRON from both worlds!

Given the environment at a sporting goodsstore andall, I really wouldn't expect anyone to freak out and cause and commotion if they happen to notice a bunch of people walking aroung with guns.

I will post any new info or changes as they happen.

Thanks, Jerry

We will have to provide our own table and chairs, I have a 4ft plastic composite table if you think that will be big enough or we can try to find a bigger one and somechairs-- we have plenty of time to look.

harley2003rkc

imported post

Rocky's should be real friendly seeing as a major part of their clientel are bikers. :D

I'll put it on my calender, no guarantee's that far away though.

BTW.... does that come with front row parking for my Harley Davidson Ultra Classic

WARCHILD

imported post

Harley: as far as I'm concerned, park it on the walk next to the table, safest place to be.

Rocky's is really heavy into the paintball sports now too.

adam40cal

imported post

Cool so we got permission to have firearms on private property? Thats great because then we can open carry telling people the facts without the police trying to mess with us because it is private property. Count me in I'll be there, thanks for the heads up I can get the day off with this much notice.

WARCHILD

imported post

Adam: Great, hope you can make it. Just to quote and old saying--CYA-- I will make sure and visit the store mgr. at Rocky's and obtain permission in writing that we can be there OC / CC, if he will give it to me. Just in case he's not there and the shift mgr. decides otherwise and asks us to leave. Only drawback is it is close to the Burton city line. Everyone knows Burton city LEO'S definately suffer from head up a$$ disease, so I would caution all to remember this if confronted by them. On the other hand, south side of Flint really isn't bad. I lived mostly around that area for years, reasonably quiet, used to be anyway. Just like at Mc D's,be ready to expect freak outs, but don't go looking for them.

anyone have the capability to make a OCDO banner for the front of our table?

harley2003rkc

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Adam: Great, hope you can make it. Just to quote and old saying--CYA-- I will make sure and visit the store mgr. at Rocky's and obtain permission in writing that we can be there OC / CC, if he will give it to me. Just in case he's not there and the shift mgr. decides otherwise and asks us to leave. Only drawback is it is close to the Burton city line. Everyone knows Burton city LEO'S definately suffer from head up a$$ disease, so I would caution all to remember this if confronted by them. On the other hand, south side of Flint really isn't bad. I lived mostly around that area for years, reasonably quiet, used to be anyway. Just like at Mc D's,be ready to expect freak outs, but don't go looking for them.

anyone have the capability to make a OCDO banner for the front of our table?
I might be able to pre=empt the burton issue a little. One of the Burton LEO's is a good friend of mine's brother in law. There pretty close and we invite him out with us occasionaly. I believe we also have a new chief of police here in Burton too. I'll see if I can make some time to stop and introduce myself and distribute some of Venator's literature. Which I made lots of copies of. :D

kmcdowel

imported post

dougwg wrote:
I hope it's warm enough for the long ride...... I only put about 300 miles on my bike last year :(

:shock:

Last year was my first with a bike, I put on well over 2000 miles. I may be moving to Florida, and that means riding year round.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, Well done WARCHILD. This is the best oppurtunity I have heard of yet to spread the word!

WARCHILD

imported post

kmc: thanks, this has been my goal all along. just to get the info out there. hopefuly with the start of the radio show, we can expand it to an even wider audience. I will throw a plug in for the car show / OCDO meet at rocky's. It may get even more people who are interested in OC / CC to attend. I hope we can get as many OCDO members as possible to attend and really have a showing that carrying is not a freaky thing the more common and aware people are made of it.

harley2003rkc

imported post

I spoke the new Burton City Chief of Police and gave him a copy of the paperwork Venator passed out. He was receptive but didn't seem to care for OC. I say he was receptive because he said he would abide by what ever the local proscecuting attorney said was law. Though his response was to give me a what if scenario. He wanted to know "What if a criminal was to OC a firearm in a holster?", and the reason for his concern was that the officer has no right to do a back ground check on the individual.

All what ifs aside I had mixed opinions on the encounter. He was a polite, honest, and forthcoming individual, who admitedly knew his officers had no right to approach an individual based solely on a OC'ed firearm. However when I approached him concerning the dispatchers, he said he would have nothing to do with contacting the county dispatchers at the state police post (which is where all dispatching in Genesse county is done).

We spoke for a while in which he told me of his previous 10 years with the local PD, his time with the FBI, and his service in Vietnam. I thanked him for his service, and left him with the paperwork. He assured me he would review Venator's information, and we parted ways.

WARCHILD

imported post

Hey Adam: not yet, I haven't really had time. My son has already got permission from him verbally, I was going to go over there around the middle of May and see if he would give me written permission. That would give him less time to change his mind. I don't forsee any problems, but I would like to have it just in case. I'll let everyone know for sure when and if I get it.

ArmedTiger

imported post

I would love to go to that. I have gotten a lot of great things from Rocky's when I lived there. Also, technically Rocky's is in Burton not Flint. LOL But to most Burton is Flint. Except to usBurtonites. but I do hope that you guys have a lot of fun. If you see Former Mayor Stanley there protesting your being armed give him a swift kick in the (censored) for me. >XD

WARCHILD

imported post

I didn't figure it made much sense to tell people it was in burton, they would automaticaly say"where the hell is burton"? I know, I lived around flint/burton for over 30 yrs-- heard it many times. As for stanley, I wouldn't mind seeing him. I would ask him to go target shooting with me in fact. Of course, HE would have to hold the target for me-- ooops-- forgot my glasses! :banghead: :celebrate

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

This event is getting closer, time to start thinking of what we want to present at the info table. I'm hoping we will have the wallet cards done. I'll have a one page information summary, and have copies of the LSJ article. We will need people to take turns manning the table. Ideas welcome.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Venator wrote:
This event is getting closer, time to start thinking of what we want to present at the info table. I'm hoping we will have the wallet cards done. I'll have a one page information summary, and have copies of the LSJ article. We will need people to take turns manning the table. Ideas welcome.

I'm not really into the car show thing so most of the time I can be at the table.

Willthere be any venders there where we may get beverages-coffee & pop??

Or, should we just planto bring our own?