• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Flint Gear Grinders Car Show

WARCHILD

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Venator wrote:
This event is getting closer, time to start thinking of what we want to present at the info table. I'm hoping we will have the wallet cards done. I'll have a one page information summary, and have copies of the LSJ article. We will need people to take turns manning the table. Ideas welcome.

I'm not really into the car show thing so most of the time I can be at the table.

Willthere be any venders there where we may get beverages-coffee & pop??

Or, should we just planto bring our own?
I used up my eye candy for car shows back when I had dark hair. I'll be spending most all my time at the table and talking too much. There are a couple of party stores, gas N go etc. around the immediate area, so bring your own or take a walk to the store.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

A draft of the banner we might use at the car show table. It will be 6'x3'. Comments welcome.

We could also use a canoply pop-up gizmo to help fight off the sun or rain. IF anyone can loan us one, it would be appreciated.

Venator

imported post

SQLtables wrote:
Looks good.

If you want us to be picky, maybe change it's to it IS and needed to required, and maybe just say

Learn More at:

http://www.opencarry.com

Good work.

Good point on required and it is.

I think we should leave, find out more here, as this will be set up at a manned table where their questions can be answered in real time.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Bump, for a reminder to those who may be interested in attending the Flint Gear Grinders Car Show.

Where: At Rocky's Great Outdoors,near Flint-- on the corner of S. Saginaw St. and Bristol Rd, Burton, Michigan.

When: Sat. June 14th-- FLAG DAY! Very fitting day to carry some iron!

What: Car show-- 10a.m. to 5p.m.--carregistration from 10a.m. to noon-- voting, noon to 4p.m.-- awards-- 4p.m. to 5p.m..

(Emphasis in Bold)

WARCHILD

imported post

Springer: right you are. I've been reminding of the car show on my podcast, forgot about posting here. thanks for the reminder.

BTW: anyone have-- table / chairs to bring? I do have a 4ft plastic/composite table I can bring, but no chairs. We have 30 days from tmw, so we still have time.

Venator

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Springer: right you are. I've been reminding of the car show on my podcast, forgot about posting here. thanks for the reminder.

BTW: anyone have-- table / chairs to bring? I do have a 4ft plastic/composite table I can bring, but no chairs. We have 30 days from tmw, so we still have time.
People that plan on manning the booth can bring their own chair, I will bring my own. I have a 6 foot paper banner so we really need a 6' or longer folding table. It would also be nice if someone has a pop-up canopy so we can get some relief from the sun or rain.

WARCHILD

imported post

Venator has a 6ft table and I'm bringing my 4ft table just in case. He also made up a really nice(bad a$$) banner for the front of the table. When I talked to him at the show sat. he was hoping to have the cards and shirts done by then. Keep your fingers crossed.:what:Glad you and the misses can make it. I hope we can have a really good turn out.

warlockmatized

imported post

LONG time reader here....FIRST time poster.

OC'ing is something i have been interested in doing but have been REAL hesitant in doing alone.

even though it is quite a drive for us coming from Washington Twp (near Romeo) we are excited to take part in excercisng our right and helping to spread the word.

am hoping t-shirts and wallet cards are done by then :) especially some 3 x's LoL

the wife and i will see you all then

Ron

p.s.

would LOVE to see a get together a little closer to home as well. maybe Stoney Creek Metropark?

Venator

imported post

The T-shirts and wallet cards are making some progress. We hope to have the wallet cards done for the car show. The T-shirts may or may not be done by then. I received my new EZ-up canopy yesterday and set it up with my wife and daughter, both too short to help much, but we got it up and it will work out great fro the show. According to warchild we will be setting up near the front of the store and will have a great spot to interact with much of the crowd. We welcome anyone here that can, to come and open carry. If they are unsure they can wear an empty holster to show support. We will have people as far aways as Battle Creek, Lansing, Metro Detroit area, and possible Indiana.

Remember this event will have lots of activities for the whole family, with kid games, vendors, great cars and of course Rocky's Great outdoor store.

Venator

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
LONG time reader here....FIRST time poster.

OC'ing is something i have been interested in doing but have been REAL hesitant in doing alone.

even though it is quite a drive for us coming from Washington Twp (near Romeo) we are excited to take part in excercisng our right and helping to spread the word.

am hoping t-shirts and wallet cards are done by then :) especially some 3 x's LoL

the wife and i will see you all then

Ron

p.s.

would LOVE to see a get together a little closer to home as well. maybe Stoney Creek Metropark?

Welcome, and Romeo isn't that farfrom Burton. I'm coming from Lansing, others from Battle Creek, we even had a guy come from Indiana to Lansing for a get together.

Feel free to suggest a get together in the Metro area. The metro park does have a daily fee to enter, is there another parknearby without a fee. Cookouts are fun, we did one in Lansing and had a ball. We bring a dish to pass and someone will supply the hot dog, etc. Keep thinking and we can discuss it at the car show.

Venator

imported post

Where: At Rocky's Great Outdoors, in Flint-- on the corner of S. Saginaw St. and Bristol Rd.

When: Sat. June 14th-- FLAG DAY! Very fitting day to carry some iron!

What: Car show-- 10a.m. to 5p.m.--carregistration from 10a.m. to noon-- voting, noon to 4p.m.-- awards-- 4p.m. to 5p.m..

Michigan open carry will have a booth set up near the entrance to Rocky's.

Graydon

Activist Member
imported post

I have this in my planner. I'll plan on being there, probably on my bike and likely OCing. I may wuss out and CC to the show but I'll OC at the show. :)

Venator

imported post

Graydon wrote:
I have this in my planner. I'll plan on being there, probably on my bike and likely OCing. I may wuss out and CC to the show but I'll OC at the show. :)
What ever makes you comfortable. Once you get to the show and see what doesn't happen I bet you'll OC riding home...at least I hope you will.

warlockmatized

imported post

as stated above myself, the wife AND the kids plan to attend. i currently do NOT have a CPL. is it going to be a problem OC'ing from the car to the building?

i KNOW from this site, that OC'ing is perfectly legal in Mich but STILL.....am worried that the place will be crawling with UN informed/mal-trained LEO's and ruining my first OC in a hurry LoL

WARCHILD

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:
as stated above myself, the wife AND the kids plan to attend. i currently do NOT have a CPL. is it going to be a problem OC'ing from the car to the building?

i KNOW from this site, that OC'ing is perfectly legal in Mich but STILL.....am worried that the place will be crawling with UN informed/mal-trained LEO's and ruining my first OC in a hurry LoL
Not to worry, Rocky's has a big parking lot in the back of the building and around the front. You will already be on "Private Property" and have permission to be there. So when you get there, simply get it out and strap it on. If you would feel more comfortable, come to the OCDO table by the front door and one of us will gladly walk to your car and back with you. We want this to be a good experience for everyone. :celebrate

Venator

imported post

warlockmatized wrote:

What warchild said. Also, you will see that most people don't see the gun, or don't care. The people that call the police tend to beoff-duty LEO's, or employees of the business you may be in that don't know it's legal. I think you will be surprisedby the non-reactions you will have.

Remember, we where like allyou guys in the beginning, nervous and unsure. The only way to get over that is to OC and find out whatdoesn'thappens. Just remember that private property can ban firearms and you must respect that. But most (courts NO) public buildings are all legal to OC. This includes state buildings (like secretary of state, DNR offices, etc.), public libraries, parks, city streets, etc.

And as warchild said you have the permission of the owners of the property we are on, so no worries at all.

teamreddog

imported post

I will be out of town that weekend otherwise I would attend. I also though of another question probably been covered already. I know inside a motor vehicle you are considered concealed. Does this also include a motorcycle?