Thread: Restored Rights

Post imported post

Arizona has a rule and it's about restoring your rights in order to legally carry a firearm in that state, Arizona will only honor a concealed firearms license from a state that on it lists of states on some conditions, My guess is that if you have a criminal record and it's been over a certain amout of time 10 or 15 years you may be able to own buy and carry firearms again but if you didn't get your criminal record restored by a Governor or a pardon signed by the president you may not be allowed to carry a firearem in Arizona even though your non-Resident CCW is on it's Arizona's reciprocity list like Florida. Is this only for convictions or is this also for charges even though you have them expunged or Annulled off your record threw the court rooms?

Is there any other states that have this same rule Arizona has about convictions and restored firearms rights?

Post imported post

Here in AZ you can have a felony expunged, but must still apply to have your 2A rights restored separately. HB2134Requesed by the AZCDLclarifies that a person with an expunged felony, or who has had their rights restored, may obtain a concealed weapons permit.

If I'm reading the AZ State Legislature's website correctly, itshows that this bill has gone through its second reading in the senate and is awaiting committtee action prior to the third read and vote.

Post imported post

From what I heard they called it a disabled if you get your record expunged. Massachusetts is so bad that even if you were found not guilty in a criminal court for a violent crime they wont and don't have to issue you a license for Hand guns, Class A or Class B LTC's will not be issued or renewed only FID cards and some towns still wouldn't Issue them. very strange.

Post imported post

Dahwg wrote:
    Here in AZ you can have a felony expunged, but must still apply to have your 2A rights restored separately. HB2134Requesed by the AZCDLclarifies that a person with an expunged felony, or who has had their rights restored, may obtain a concealed weapons permit.

If I'm reading the AZ State Legislature's website correctly, itshows that this bill has gone through its second reading in the senate and is awaiting committtee action prior to the third read and vote.
    Dahwg - Thanks! A little keystroke slip though. It's HB 2634and it's one of the bills being held hostage in the Senate Rules committee (see AzCDL Newsdated 5/2/08).

HB 2634 has been through the House and, once it gets out of Senate Rules, will be debated in the Senate Committee of the Whole (COW) then voted on in 3rd Read and, if no changes are made, will be sent to the governor.

HB 2634 enjoys bipartisan support and stands a good chance of becoming law.

Fred

Post imported post

azcdlfred wrote:
    Dahwg wrote:

Dahwg - Thanks! A little keystroke slip though. It's HB 2634and it's one of the bills being held hostage in the Senate Rules committee (see AzCDL Newsdated 5/2/08).

HB 2634 has been through the House and, once it gets out of Senate Rules, will be debated in the Senate Committee of the Whole (COW) then voted on in 3rd Read and, if no changes are made, will be sent to the governor.

HB 2634 enjoys bipartisan support and stands a good chance of becoming law.

Fred
    Oops, you're right. You guys do good work, and though I have yet to join the cause, I've become quite the AZCDL evangelist. Keep it up, hopefully I'll sign on a the gun show at the expo the end of this month.

Post imported post

Dahwg wrote:
    Oops, you're right. You guys do good work, and though I have yet to join the cause, I've become quite the AZCDL evangelist. Keep it up, hopefully I'll sign on a the gun show at the expo the end of this month.
    Thanks for all your help! I'll be working the gun show at the Expo Center. Hope to meet you. I'm the guy with the handlebar moustache.

ATTENTION EVERYONE! Join (or renew) AzCDL at any gun show and save $10 off the membership price. It's our way of reimbursing your gun show entrance fee. A Basic Annual membership at a gun show is a mere $20.

Fred