• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking to buy a AR15

Texaschl

imported post

hey has anyone every dealt with a James or Erica Paulus out of Stafford. they have a AR15 for sell, I am trying to buy .

Has anyone every bought anything from them??

They are selling a Bushmaster Vmatch for 725.00.

any commits are welcome on these folks

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Never heard of em but they are from up North.

I hope, since you announced their name and your intention to buy this mouse gun, on a well read forum with at least one snitch and a number of LEO's...that you intend to have it sent to a Texas FFL.

Important Note!

Texaschl

imported post

When I was in the area last week, a friend told me about it,as it was posted on FOR SALE board at his workand I called the number, I meet with James and saw the rifle and was making arangements to get it shipped to Texas thru my FFL and now the number I had for them is not working and was wondering if anyone know these folks.

I will try again in the morning and see if it works.

Thanks for all the help .

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

FightingGlock19 wrote:
long guns don't need an FFL to send/recieve them :cool:
You need an FFL to do the transfer of any firearm between residents/citizens/subjects of different States. Many FFL's will not accept a firearm shipped to them from a non-FFL.

cREbralFIX

imported post

As a gun trainer friend said who uses AR-15s frequently and sees thousands of rounds go downrange: get a Colt. It will be to military specification.

I had three Bushmaster rifles and only one worked most of the time regardless of the magazines I used. Reliability (and frustration) was the reason I switched to the AK-47. The goblin isn't going to notice the difference between a 3-4 MOA gun and a 4-6 MOA gun at 50 yards.

If this is for competition, then that's a whole different ballgame.

Texaschl

imported post

I plan on using it to shoot P-dogs later this spring in New Mexico, and the FFL I use will accept the rifle from a Non-FFl as long as they send him a copy of there DL or other state or Federal ID card before sending it out.

I still haven't been able to get hold of them to make it all come together.

Richie

imported post

cREbralFIX wrote:
As a gun trainer friend said who uses AR-15s frequently and sees thousands of rounds go downrange: get a Colt. *SNIP*
I disagree with your friend. There are numerous company's building high quality AR15s out there. You get a good product when buying Colt but you are most certainly paying for the name.

Just be sure to do some research before making a financial commitment.

Texaschl, I would just move on since you are having trouble contacting them this early in the game. There are MANY AR15s out there for sale and at very reasonable prices. Good luck with everything.

savery

imported post

Richie wrote:
cREbralFIX wrote:
As a gun trainer friend said who uses AR-15s frequently and sees thousands of rounds go downrange: get a Colt. *SNIP*
I disagree with your friend. There are numerous company's building high quality AR15s out there. You get a good product when buying Colt but you are most certainly paying for the name.

Just be sure to do some research before making a financial commitment.

Texaschl, I would just move on since you are having trouble contacting them this early in the game. There are MANY AR15s out there for sale and at very reasonable prices. Good luck with everything.
Don't forget that colt isn't exactly a well known RKBA supporter. IMO you aren't exactly getting what you're paying for either.

eyesopened

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If you need any assistance putting that lower together. Let me know, I'll be glad to help out. I've put together about 5 of my own.

FightingGlock19

imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
FightingGlock19 wrote:
long guns don't need an FFL to send/recieve them :cool:
You need an FFL to do the transfer of any firearm between residents/citizens/subjects of different States. Many FFL's will not accept a firearm shipped to them from a non-FFL.

not so. I've purchased long guns (AKM's) in an ajoining state (KY resident buying in TN). I've also shipped long guns via UPS without an FFL, none is needed for a long gun.

Long guns are handled differently than handguns.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I am aware of those circumstances. The question was not what you answered. The question the OP posed does require the firearm be shipped to an FFL. He is fortunate that his FFL in Texas will accept a shipment from a non-FFL. I am aware that one may ship a rifle or shotgun to oneself (but not another) via USPS or other common carrier.

Texaschl

imported post

well my FFL called and the AR is in ,its not the one I saw while I was in Stafford, this one is a Bushmaster X15 not the V-match that I agreed to buy. So if anyone does business with the Paulus beware they lied about it and then shipped the wrong rifle,this one had major problems.My FFL is sending it back and the check has not Cleared as of 13:00 today and the bank is not letting it go thru. thank goodness I ws able to stop it.

I have taken your advice and going to build me a tack driver from Parts, I will post it when I am done.

Thanks for all the help

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sorry to hear about your problem(s) with the seller. Glad you were able to stop payment on the check. If you are not on ar15.com, check them out. There are some really good tutorials on building an AR there. Putting a lower together is pretty simple. An upper is a little more complicated but not all that difficult. Good luck on your build!

eyesopened

imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
If you need any assistance putting that lower together. Let me know, I'll be glad to help out. I've put together about 5 of my own.
Thanks! I appreciate the offer. I've poured over the instructions over at ar15.com as well as found videos of how to assemble a lower. It does look pretty simple so I think I should be ok. My buddy and I are going to have a "build party" when his LPK comes in, so between he and I we should be able to figure it out :cool:

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

When inserting the the pivot pin detent spring, some guys find it helpful to assemble it in a large plastic bag in case the detent and spring going flying off somewhere. It beats crawling around on your hands and knees trying to find something that tiny.

To the OP, sorry about the hi-jack.