• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody OC in Sacramento County?

ConditionThree

State Pioneer

rue

imported post

Thanks, I meant specifically PC codes. Those besides 10231 are state or city/county codes?

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

rue wrote:
Thanks, I meant specifically PC codes. Those besides12031 are state or city/county codes?

Click through the links I provided above. Each of them leads to resources, including county ordinance codes for most of Californias 58 counties. Much of this has been covered to some degree before- But do your research if youre determined to carry exposed.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

rue wrote:
Thanks, I meant specifically PC codes. Those besides 10231 are state or city/county codes?
Many cities/counties have codes on the books, but they shouldn't hold up in court since we have state preemption. Basically, they can only prohibit firearms on public property (like fair grounds, etc). There's a pretty good thread about this topic somewhere if you're interested in state preemption.

Juice

imported post

I OC'd to Blockbuster again tonight, and not a peep or sideways look out of anyone. I was expecting to have someone at least say something to me, as it was a Blockbuster on a Friday night, but nothing. Awesome experience. :)

Juice

imported post

Yes, we should also make sure that we post people in strategic points in the building, just in case. :celebrate

OC'd to Blockbuster and Bel Air again tonight. I work 60+hours a week, so these are usually my only outings.

The guys at Blockbuster don't even take notice to it, which I attribute to the fact that I am in there often and this is OC #3 for me in there.

Bel Air merited no verbal attention, but I was talking to the guy at the check out stand and when I was looking down to enter my card information, he kind of stopped talking for half a beat, then kept talking. I'm not sure if it was because he saw my weapon or because of some other thing, could have been anything really.

Another day in paradise.

cato

imported post

Heck, ya'all could make your own 911 men with guns call and get it all on tape. News at 11, FOIA a week later:shock:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

cato wrote:
Heck, ya'all could make your own 911 men with guns call and get it all on tape. News at 11, FOIA a week later:shock:
No, no, no, no. Unsportsmanlike conduct. Bad form, bad form. :)

Opus109

imported post

Juice wrote:
OC'd to Blockbuster and Bel Air again tonight. I work 60+hours a week, so these are usually my only outings.

Another day in paradise.

Juice, just to clarify, you are carrying your gun openly, but unloaded? Do you have a magazine in the gun? Do you have any ammunition on your person?

I might be interested in OC'ing myself, under the right circumstances. I live in Folsom.

Thanks for the info.

Decoligny

imported post

Opus109 wrote:
Juice wrote:

Another day in paradise.

Juice, just to clarify, you are carrying your gun openly, but unloaded? Do you have a magazine in the gun? Do you have any ammunition on your person?

I might be interested in OC'ing myself, under the right circumstances. I live in Folsom.

Thanks for the info.

Open Carry as practiced in the incorporated cities in CA is Unloaded Open Carry.

Usually this is either a pistol in a belt holster with a loaded magazine in a magazine holder on the other side of the belt. It can also be an unloaded revolver with speedloaders carried wherever you like.

As long as there is no ammunition attached to the firearm in any way, you are good to go.

Please review the California Open Carry Pamplets and Handouts, and read the applicable Penal Codes yourself before open carrying.