• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC - Two criminals shot and killed

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

http://www.charlotte.com/112/story/544984.html

Intruders killed in Hickory home invasion
MARCIE YOUNG
Staff Writer
Two men were killed in Hickory late Wednesday during a botched home invasion, authorities said.

Shortly after 11 p.m., the men, who were dressed in black and were wearing masks, forced their way into a home on 33rd Avenue in Northeast Hickory and were shot and killed by the house's owner, said Maj. Coy Reid at the Catawba County Sheriff's Office.

Reid would not name the owner and said that authorities Thursday morning were still trying to identify the men, who appeared to be in their late teens or early 20s.

The owner has not been charged in the killings, Reid said, and the case has been given to the District Attorney's Office.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Two men ID'd in botched home invasion
MARCIE YOUNG
Staff Writer
Posted on Tue, Mar. 25, 2008
Authorities have identified two men killed last week during a botched home invasion in Hickory.

Thomas Devon England, 23, of Hickory and 19-year-old William Justin Terrell Parsons of Taylorsville were shot to death March 19 after they forced their way into a home on 33rd Avenue in Northeast Hickory around 11 p.m., according to the Catawba County Sheriff's Office.

England and Parsons, who were found dressed in black, wearing face masks and with handguns, were killed by the house's owner, authorities said.

A warrant was taken out Thursday to search the home.

The District Attorney's Office is reviewing the case but hasn't decided whether to charge the home's owner.

LEO 229

imported post

Letting the hype go away and people to cool off I guess.

This is a no brainer.... They we not cops so... there were there with absolute evil intent and bringing guns was not for self defence but a tool to gain compliance, intimidate, or even kill the occupants.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Two men ID'd in botched home invasion
MARCIE YOUNG
Staff Writer
Posted on Tue, Mar. 25, 2008
Authorities have identified two men killed last week during a botched home invasion in Hickory.

Thomas Devon England, 23, of Hickory and 19-year-old William Justin Terrell Parsons of Taylorsville were shot to death March 19 after they forced their way into a home on 33rd Avenue in Northeast Hickory around 11 p.m., according to the Catawba County Sheriff's Office.

England and Parsons, who were found dressed in black, wearing face masks and with handguns, were killed by the house's owner, authorities said.

A warrant was taken out Thursday to search the home.

The District Attorney's Office is reviewing the case but hasn't decided whether to charge the home's owner.

I wonder why.

I just wonder if the owner was already a suspected drug dealer. Maybe the motive of the home invasion was large amounts of cash. Kind of an ideal target in one sense. Who is he going to complain to?