• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

humorous experience

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Here in TX, it's concealed only....but that doesn't mean we don't wear our guns openly anyway....at least gun designs on our shirts and jackets that is.

I ride the train and bus back and forth to work everyday, so I see several of the same people most days and on occasion there will be the stranger there as well.

So getting off of work late one afternoon, I board the bus bound for the train station in South Irving and this guy sitting across from me looks at my TXCDL shirt which has an image of two crossed handguns. This guy looks up at me sorta strange and then asked me something. He spoke with a heavy northern european accent and I couldn't understand him so I had him ask again slower.

He said 'you can have gun here on bus?' with big eyes and I thought for sure that once I said yes, it would probably be just a matter of time before I got intercepted by dallas' finest.

Well, I told him that 'yes, you can actually carry a gun on the bus, but it has to be concealed and you have to be licensed'. I'll never forget the smile that hit his face as I heard him say 'I love this country'. :D

t3rmin

imported post

Excellent. It's even better if I read that with an accent in my head. ;-)

sailor628

imported post

I had a similar experience when my half-brother was visiting from England. As we were getting into my car he noticed my NRA sticker and asked if I liked guns. I said "Oh yeah I do. Carry at least one everywhere I go" as I drew my pistol from my seat seat pocket to show him. He looked really surprised and told me that in his country your get prison time for that sort of thing. I think he was a bit envious as he's only allowed "sporting " type guns.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sailor628 wrote:
I had a similar experience when my half-brother was visiting from England. As we were getting into my car he noticed my NRA sticker and asked if I liked guns. I said "Oh yeah I do. Carry at least one everywhere I go" as I drew my pistol from my seat seat pocket to show him. He looked really surprised and told me that in his country your get prison time for that sort of thing. I think he was a bit envious as he's only allowed "sporting " type guns.
Should have told him you carry for the same reason as you never know when you are going to roll past a firing range and feel the impulse for some sporting practice. You are just more prepared for such an eventuality than they are in jolly old England.