Thread: Got my first real reaction today

Post imported post

Went to get some Subway (Eat Fresh!!) this evening and I was wearing jeans with a red tee shirt and my brandy spankin new PT1911 in a Fobus paddle at 3:00. The gentleman behind me said "Don't mess up his sandwich or he'll shoot ya!!!" loud enough for the next county to hear. All sandwich making ceased......
    The man who was ahead of me in line then asked how the oral arguments went yesterday. I gave him a quick rundown and we discussed it for a few minutes while the sandwich makers cleaned out their shorts.
    Today I learned a very valuable lesson: A black sidearm and holster will show up like a supernova against a bright red tee shirt and there will always be the "..hot enough for ya" A-hole right behind you everytime to point it out.

Oh, and I freakin love OC....

Post imported post

Good to hear that people are paying attention to the Heller case. Makes me feel better about society. Strange reaction from the knucklehead.

Post imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
    The gentleman behind me said "Don't mess up his sandwich or he'll shoot ya!!!" loud enough for the next county to hear.
    In reply, I might have quipped, "I have a bit more self control sir- the only thing being shot off around here appears to be the hole under your nose."
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

LMAO! I'll have to remember that one!

Post imported post

My favorite response in such a situation:

“No, ammunition has gotten so expensive that I can’t afford to shoot people for minor inconveniences any longer.”

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    My favorite response in such a situation:

“No, ammunition has gotten so expensive that I can’t afford to shoot people for minor inconveniences any longer.”
    I actually used that a few days ago. Little punk hanging out with his buddies at the soda cooler in a gas station put his hands up and says "dont shoot!" after eyeballing my XD for a while. I don't think he understood my response.

Post imported post

Serves you right

....for not going to Quizno's:celebrate

Of course, Quizno's isn't necessarily safe from a-holes either. I had one from SC on the phone behind me on the telephone with his friend. He raised his voice (just so I could hear, I'm sure) while asking his friend if 'it was legal' and 'is he allowed to do that'. I half expected SWAT to show up but I got to finish my chicken carbonara in peace and even returned his evil eye with a smile as he left.