• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woman Killed While on 911 Call

Bear-n-arms nGA

imported post

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23730386/

WEST COVINA, Calif. - A homeowner was asking a 911 dispatcher for help when her pleas were interrupted by gunshots, then silence.

When deputies arrived at the home, the woman had been shot to death.

The woman told the dispatcher someone was trying to break into her home in upscale West Covina, Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Dan Rosenberg said. "Deputies heard gunshots followed by silence and an open phone line," he said.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

This brings up something I've been giving some thought. Let's think about the tactical drawbacks to making a phone call:

• You're talking will give away your location to the BG, depriving you of the element of surprise.
  • If you're on the phone you're making it harder to hear if the BG is moving toward you or fleeing.
What's more important, getting a police response or keeping your tactical advantage? Since the cops aren't going to save you, I tend to think the latter is more important. I would probably dial 911 and then leave the phone off the hook. There will be plenty of time to explain the situation once I'm safe.

As for this woman who was murdered... I can't help it, but I just don't feel sorry for her. In CA your home is the one place you can be armed without worrying about the local 'authorities' arresting you. If someone doesn't care enough about their safety to be armed in this sort of legal sanctuary, then maybe it's better that they're out of the gene pool. Natural selection - it works.

T.Hooks

imported post

my views on this always will be.if someone is breaking into my house.SHOOT first.... SHOOT SECOND..... SHOOT THIRD.... if anything is still moving that SHOOT SOME MORE. than ask questions. who cares who the BG was. the people i care about know how to call before the come over.

Decoligny

imported post

I will reiterate what I have said on several other posts. Shoot until youSTOP THE THREAT.

Never even say "shoot to kill". If you do happen to kill an intruder, and they decide to prosecute, if they are thorough they will confiscate your computer. If they find any posts where you might have said "If an intruder breaks into my house, I'll shoot to kill" they could use that as the basis for premeditated murder charges.

Giggety-Giggety®

imported post

I stole this quote from a pro gunner:
Honestly I wish everyone in the country were prepared so that robbers FEAR finding someone home because they are armed and will defend themselves (as was once the case) instead of what we have now.

cato

imported post

T.Hooks wrote:
my views on this always will be.if someone is breaking into my house.SHOOT first.... SHOOT SECOND..... SHOOT THIRD.... if anything is still moving that SHOOT SOME MORE. than ask questions. who cares who the BG was. the people i care about know how to call before the come over.

I'd still recommend IDing your target and giving loud verbal warnings absent obvious exigent circumstances dictating otherwise.

Photo by Oleg Volk

Attachments

• defense0154.jpg
    defense0154.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 962

vote_no

imported post

Yeah, I know who he is. I've seen a lot of his work; it's all creepy. That one in particular is bizarre. How does his knowledge of the second amendment make his photography not creepy?

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

vote_no wrote:
Yeah, I know who he is. I've seen a lot of his work; it's all creepy. That one in particular is bizarre. How does his knowledge of the second amendment make his photography not creepy?

You said he was creepy, not his photography. What in your opinion makes his images creepy?

LoveMyCountry

vote_no

imported post

His photographs produce a sensation like that caused by insects creeping on the skin. It's not an objective issue.

They're all washed out, everyone is in strange poses with very strange expressions. Look at the chick on his introduction page. Plus, he has photographs questionable practices, like this one: http://www.a-human-right.com/s_fearfree.jpg His portrayal of history is equally bizarre, suggesting in http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/5329-2/defender.jpg that the police and National Guard served no purpose, and that the issue only came to a close when Koreans started defending their stores. And some are just plain hilarious: http://www.a-human-right.com/s_options.jpg. Look at this one, she looks like a zombie! http://www.a-human-right.com/s_no.JPG

What about http://www.a-human-right.com/s_surecure.jpg ? Yes, you can cure sociopathy by killing the afflicted person! I don't want to look at any more, is this enough evidence for you?

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Oleg kicks ass! I LOVE his photos. The messages are very clear. Drives the point home. Yeah, it's often in-your-facestuff, but that's the point. It clearly illustrates a point that would take hours of arguing with an anti to otherwise get accross. My 2 favorites are on my gun links page:

twoways_s.jpg

olegmap.jpg

How can you argue with those? Scary?"Creepy"? Uncomfortable? Yeah, but being the victim would be much more "creepy".

XD40coyote

imported post

He's a feminist LOL

Pics not creepy to me, very powerful messages, mainly centering around women defending themselves against sleazy minded men. I think being raped would be more creepy, or imagine the terror of all the women abducted by various serial killers, who endured days of rape and torture before being killed- now THAT'S friggin creepy. I watched some show the other night- FBI Files- about Chris Wilder (I think is the name), a serial killer who posed as a photographer looking for models, who lured young women, then kidnapped them, raped them over and over and tortured them, then killed them. I had to "hug" my XD9 and at the same time curse my state for not allowing the common citizen to carry. Of courseI exercise cond yellow when out in parking lots and the like. Someone would have to be pretty stealthy to sneak up on me. I notice things and the only time I use a cell ph is to call home to tell my mother I am running late or something like that. I do not yack on a phone in public, nor do I have other blinder devices hooked to me (like anIpod, that sort of thing).

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I agree, those are great ones andsome of his finest, and I like the in-your-face aspect, but I just don't care for the format of some of them. Just something about them.

vote_no

imported post

How is providing an example of something that's more disturbing invalidate my assessment? Don't you think you can agree with the statement being made but also find the photographs strange?

cato

imported post

I'd love for him to do an exposition of posters here in CA at a college campus. He knows how to get to those on the fence and he counters well the anti self defense lefty rhetoric. His usage of feminine imagery is masterful in that respect! Itcounterbalances the male only image of firearms and self defense.

As a father this is one of my favorites!

photo by Oleg Volk:

Attachments

• oldenough9911.jpg
    oldenough9911.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 775