• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why you should keep your piece within arms reach.

LEO 229

imported post

Fallschirmjäger wrote:
I'll admit...I blinked.

And then I took a close look at the shadow angles. whewww
There is obviously two suns out in the sky. One behind the lion and one behind the meal. :D

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I'm disappointed that there are not pictures of me with a puma (named Ladybird) under one arm and a leopard (named Henry) under the other, from the meeting of the Long Island Ocelot Club at Alum Rock Co. Park, San Jose, California in the mid-Sixties.

If you gotta go, at the 'hands' of a top predator isn't the worst. Keeps evolutionary humility in mind.

Tomahawk

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I'm disappointed that there are not pictures of me with a puma (named Ladybird) under one arm and a leopard (named Henry) under the other, from the meeting of the Long Island Ocelot Club at Alum Rock Co. Park, San Jose, California in the mid-Sixties.

If you gotta go, at the 'hands' of a top predator isn't the worst. Keeps evolutionary humility in mind.

My mental image of you, Doug, keeps getting more interesting! :celebrate

Please don't ever post any photos of yourself, that would ruin the fun!

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
Wait a minute.....

It is daylight and this guy is hanging out in his tent reading?? Come on!!!! :lol:

A big game hunter is not going to be wasting his time reading books during the day.
Maybe he's trying to figure out what kind of Lion it is! :what:

dave_in_delaware

imported post

Captions:

Lions: Causing big messes in even the whitest of white shorts

or

Hey! I didn't know white came in multiple shades!

or

Which is whiter? The shorts or the shorts' owner?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

The two enemies stared at each other, sizing up their worthy opponent. No one could say who would win or how many hours the battle would take. For proud warriors do not give up easily. Nor do they underestimate their fierce opponent, in this most ancient and revered dance of honor: The staring contest.

LEO 229

imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
Wait a minute.....

It is daylight and this guy is hanging out in his tent reading?? Come on!!!! :lol:

A big game hunter is not going to be wasting his time reading books during the day.
Maybe he's trying to figure out what kind of Lion it is! :what:
He is reading "Idiots Guide toSurviving a lion attack" as quickly as possible.