• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Zach Doty Video

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Never saw this last year when Zach/Narrowpathpilgrim was around, posted for sentimental reasons.
ETA
I didn't check the url on the video, I'm really sorry if anyone was offended.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I was disappointed in the grudging support for Zach here and his short tenure. I registered on his forum and monitored for quite a while to see little.

That, above, led to an interesting realization in light of my recent experience with the no-compromise unassiliated gun rights movement. It appears that Zach and other independent minded activists have would-be herdsmen just as the sheeple do.

I hear the tap tap tap of officer fido's nightstick. I'll move along.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I was disappointed in the grudging support for Zach here and his short tenure. I registered on his forum and monitored for quite a while to see little.

That, above, led to an interesting realization in light of my recent experience with the no-compromise unassiliated gun rights movement. It appears that Zach and other independent minded activists have would-be herdsmen just as the sheeple do.

I was disappointed too. I blame HankT mostly for stirring up unrelated shit about the Doty brothers, but there were others who were quick to pile on.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I was pretty much just a lurker at the time and don't recall the matter. Since the SQL error I am unable to search for any info on what happened and looking up NarrowPathPilgrim by user name and posts did not shed light on the issue.

Can someone give me the Cliff's Notes version of what happened?

sjhipple

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:

Doug, I have to confess I onlyunderstood about 2/3 of what you said. Not because it wasn't clear but because it went over my head.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

ama-gi wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

Doug, I have to confess I onlyunderstood about 2/3 of what you said. Not because it wasn't clear but because it went over my head.
Zach came under unwarranted criticism from fellow 2A folk for his amazing knowledge and youth. I think they're jealous of any one that can step out as a leader.

I made a concrete proposal at the states' gun rights level and was denied because I'm not in the in crowd. I granted credit for the idea to anyone that could pull it off and still haven't heard from the designated party that has had years to come up with the same suggestion.

It appears that there is an effort to centralize non-NRA aSSiliated gun groups under some 'powers that be.'

We have would-be shepherds just as the sheeple have sheeple-dogs.

Officer Fido will be along tapping his nightstick shortly, we better move on.

sjhipple

imported post

The website on the video isn't his is it? It's one hateful screed after another. Disgusting. :X

Aside from getting angry at the pointless hatred, it really pisses me off when this kind of race hatret gets associated with the 2nd Amendment. As if we don't have enough problems.

:cuss::banghead:

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

[align=center]WARNING to OTHERS!!![/align]
The YouTube page is ok, but the site spelled out in the video isaWHITE SUPREMACIST site! Go there atyour own risk.

Now that I clicked on it. grrrrr :cuss:

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Addressed to me? Video? I commented on what I read here on OCDO under Zach's 'name' and the responses of OCDO correspondents.

I have no problem with hatefulness, believing that of love and hate, one cannot commit one without the other except in anility. I may have even detected some hatefulness on OCDO and some uncomfortable 'love'.

I enjoy my contacts in, for instance, Hayden Lake. My brother is pastor in a fundamentalist church in Priest River.

Maybe the link to the video should be taken down for fear of what the others might think of us knowing of and discussing such things, you know, un-PC.

I hear Officer Fido tap tap tapping his nightstick, we better run for political cover!

Erus

imported post

In my opinion, very often those who wish to quell any movement towards restoring our personal liberty, use the seemingly inevitable divisions of race, sexuality, religion, etc., as a wedge to keepthose movementsdisorganized and/or discredited.

Quite often it seems to me that this tool is willingly and/or unknowingly GIVEN to those who would use it to discredit those movements, byshort-sighted members of such a movement.

If, as a people, we could band together to fight for our liberties and rights, without "blaming" (or making any damn distinction at all that is contrary to EVERYBODY'S rights) the Jews, or Homosexuals, or Blacks, etc... we might have a chance.

In other words, if we could leave that which is irrelevent OUT OF THE platform, we might just keep the important points so well focused that one of the primary weapons against us is rendered moot.

If those who are politically active, or who choose to "drop off the grid", etc.for thier own preservation or freedom to just "be",can not be labelled lunatics, racists, sexists,or heretics, etc.,then they have to be dealt with more or less honorably as the thoughtful, seriouspatriots they often see themselves as.(and arguably often are, despite thier other philosophical stances) For example,I do not think that Jefferson was right in any way shape or form for owning slaves, but I do regard him asamong thegreatest patriots in our history.

How would the sheep have reacted if the Branch Davidians were not a "religious cult" (as labeled by the Government)bent on a Jonestown type ending for thier innocent, unprotected, (and imprisioned?)followers? Who's drinking the Kool-Aid at that little picnic, really?

What if Randy Weaver was not a "known white supremacist"? One less excuse for JBT's shooting up his family, perhaps?

Yes, I know, those two examples probablyalso included some violations of the law by the principles involved.. but what sensational info did the media get from Big Brother to splash all over the news to justify the carnage?

If the above broke the law, or violated someone else's rights, they should have suffered the consequences.. but are the consequences of raining death without due process appropriate for the circumstances without the big scary "Cult" or "Racist" labels?

We all know that one of thecosts of our Liberty is suffering some fool exercising his own and who also has no clue what that means. This is relative, of course, and I am certain impossible to resolve.

Until we as a people can embrace defending a bigot's right to be one, even as it makes us sick to our stomachs, or a zealot's right to espouse his beliefs, as loudly as we would argue withthem, in public, we will not be able to solidify any effective lasting resistance to tryany.

I read the whole thread about the Dotys when it was running. I followed the links and found that while I applaud thier 2A stance, and admire his/thier "Take no bullshit"actions regardingit, I think Zach and other's of his ilk are offensively ignorant, you may or may not... That is up to the individual.

Wecan not, and we MUST NOT legislate/pontificate that right out of our Liberties... and we must not let the tyrants use our habit toignore the forest,in favor of what trees we personally like,against us.

It is either one or the other, we can not have it both ways. Liberty must include theduty to defend therights of the ignorantalong with the Freedom to believe whatever idiocy you want. We can provide only to take action to arrest behavior or provide consequences when ACTIONS infringe on the Liberties of others.

Ok, got that one (mostly) pulled out of my craw, I can try to shut up now.

Erus