Thread: cop promoted after bad shoot and attempted cover up ?!?!

Post imported post

I don't know the source of this, so I can't 'vet' the accuracy of the narrative. Greatly disturbing if true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMd_NCMETp4&feature=related

Disciplined in some unspecified manner for tardiness? Makes detective? Wtf? Anyone know about this incident? It's supposedly from 2003. I missed it at the time, I guess.

-ljp

Post imported post

I saw this video some time back but never read the write up:

http://www.chicagoreader.com/feature...illedoncamera/
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Please keep in mind this is not the "bad cop" or "cop conspiracy"discussion forum. There is another board out there if you want to do that.

Feel free to also rate him at the new site ratemycop.com

At best... it shows an officer drawing his gun and trying to stop a fight while off duty and he shoots someoneeither accidentally or on purpose.

This story has no real value to theOCforum except to learn that ifa person with a gun out is waving it around.... you might want to run the other way and not get in his face.

Ganging up on a guy with a gun is also abad idea.

Post imported post

My intent was not gratuitous cop-bashing, and this isn't any more off-topic that the bulk of "general discussion" threads. The question arises in here regularly about "what can or might the police do in response to a complaint about my OCing?" I thought it worth pointing out that this case was in response to a fight among unarmed people, and whatever justification the cop had for shooting the guy, it is a factthat he lied about the event, and was backed up by the department. Just something to consider when you strap on your piece. The stakes are very high, comrades.

-ljp

Post imported post

Legba wrote:
    My intent was not gratuitous cop-bashing, and this isn't any more off-topic that the bulk of "general discussion" threads. The question arises in here regularly about "what can or might the police do in response to a complaint about my OCing?" I thought it worth pointing out that this case was in response to a fight among unarmed people, and whatever justification the cop had for shooting the guy, it is a factthat he lied about the event, and was backed up by the department. Just something to consider when you strap on your piece. The stakes are very high, comrades.

-ljp
    Not how I read the title..."cop promoted after bad shoot and attempted cover up" No place did you identify your intent as you are reporting now.

It has the earmark to create a different tone that has nothing to do with OCand more toward stirring up feelings over a few bad apples.

I never said it was off topic either. I did add some to the discussion to get it more in line.

Thread is not locked.. yet. But could be if it goes off course.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Tap tap tap

I wonder if Officer Fidelio is too young to remember the tap tap tap of a nightsick on a lamp post or the sound of capped heels on a wooden sidewalk as the beat cop walked his beat at night.

I was nearly in HS before my town, Santa Clara, CA took up the wooden sidewalks. Shortly thereafter our neighbor was decapitated while riding his HD threewheeled cop-scooter across a field to run off some kids playing on the dirt pile. A cable had been strung to keep cars out and he didn't see it.