• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Non Citizens and gun ownership

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Steely wrote:
Here is a link for Washington Aliens to apply for a firearms license. US citizens do not require a license.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms/faalien.html

Note the special alert at the bottom

Special alert for alien firearms license applicants We are unable to issue alien firearms licenses at this time. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has told law enforcement agencies it is against federal law to use federal databases for background checks if the law enforcement agencies share the results with a non-criminal justice agency such as the Department of Licensing. This means law enforcement agencies cannot perform the background checks required by state law for issuing an alien firearms license. Without these background checks, we cannot complete the application process or issue alien firearms licenses.

Thanks.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Why does no alien step up to the plate and take down this statute! State discrimination against resident aliens is inherently unconstitutional, as noted by the Virginia S. Ct. in striking down the ban on possession of sawed off shotguns by aliens in Sandiford v. Commonwealth (Va. 1972) ("Classifications based on alienage, like those based on nationality or race, are inherently suspect and subject to close judicial scrutiny" citingGraham v. Richardson, 403 U.S. 365, 371- 72, (1971)),available at http://www.virginia1774.org/SandifordvCommonwealth.html.

PavePusher

imported post

This seems to read that such info can't be used for any but law-enforcement purposes. So it can't be used for anything gun-related. I am sure I am confused...