• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCed for the first time yesterday - Mooresville/Belmont

revis_jonathan

State Researcher
imported post

Well, after sitting in the car for a couple of minutes wondering what questions I would hear I stepped out of the car for the first time carrying and unconcealed handgun (Glock 23 in a blackhawk serpa holster). My first stop was the BP station next to Shooters Express to get me a drink before I went into Shooters Express. I was actually so nervous I didn't even give the clerk the right amount for my drink at first until he corrected my stress induced mathematically challenged moment. After that, and SE, I went to Mooresville to check out Gander Mountain which I felt much more comfortable in than the gas station. After that I went to the Waffle House across the street and at lunch.

The whole time people noticed my sidearm, but not a single question or comment arose from it. Completely uneventful except for how high my blood pressure was in the gas station.

Godscreation

imported post

Well I've been reading everything on the NC forum and am absolutly intrigued by the open carry laws of NC. I thought this state was very restrictive (being that I have friends in Vermont and they can do just about anything there) but when I found out about the open carry laws here, I am quite proud to say that NC is a VERY good state in regards to gun ownership.

I have finally joined this forum for the main reason of commenting on open carry issues. I am 22 and my PURCHASE permit (not carry permit) will be in my mail box shortly. I plan on OCing in Huntersville and Charlotte, as well as Moorseville and Statesville. I am glad that you are OCing in my area as well and am thrilled that you had no confrontations. While I plan on asking the governments permission to slip my gun under my jacket (Concealed permit) I can't wait to OC. Anyone else OCed in Huntersville Charlotte area?

redhatchbox

imported post

Godscreation wrote:
Well I've been reading everything on the NC forum and am absolutly intrigued by the open carry laws of NC. I thought this state was very restrictive (being that I have friends in Vermont and they can do just about anything there) but when I found out about the open carry laws here, I am quite proud to say that NC is a VERY good state in regards to gun ownership.

I have finally joined this forum for the main reason of commenting on open carry issues. I am 22 and my PURCHASE permit (not carry permit) will be in my mail box shortly. I plan on OCing in Huntersville and Charlotte, as well as Moorseville and Statesville. I am glad that you are OCing in my area as well and am thrilled that you had no confrontations. While I plan on asking the governments permission to slip my gun under my jacket (Concealed permit) I can't wait to OC. Anyone else OCed in Huntersville Charlotte area?
Permit to OC?

revis_jonathan

State Researcher
imported post

Godscreation wrote:

Permit to OC?

I thought he was asking if there was a permit required to OC?

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Godscreation wrote:

He even screamed it :lol: