Thread: Being 19 and OCing in Alabama

Post imported post

Hey, how's it going, I recently started reading up about Open Carry, I'm 19 and from Montgomery, Alabama, it's rapidly getting less safe here, and was hoping I couldget some more information on my particular situation.

Some questions I was hoping to have answered are:

How can you legally open carry a handgun being 18 if you can not purchase or own the handgun?

What exactly does "Open Carry" mean? You can not wear a jacket or something barely covering it? (Not trying to hide it, just wearing something that happens to drape over it)

How must you treat a handgun when wanting to travel in a vehicle? I've read it has to be unloaded and somewhere not easily accessible.

I hope my questions don’t come off as stupid, I’ve been trying to read up on it, but I can’t seem to get a straight forward answer.

Thanks for any answers!

State Researcher

Post imported post

Hi BadMonkey...welcome aboard

You can own a pistol in Alabama at 18 and may also buy a pistol through a private sale....you cannot purchase one through an FFL until you are 21 because of federal law.
    Although an Alabama Pistol License (to allow vehicle and concealed carry) can also be issued at 18....getting a sheriff to do so under 21 may prove difficult.
    May I suggest that you visit/join http://forum.alabamagunrights.org/index.php ?

Post imported post

Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to join up.