• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

question for the OC'ers

tedishere

imported post

I have read alot of the threads on here and agree with all that is said about open carrying and needing a permit to carry concealed which also means even getting in the car is concealed. I have also read several people say and ask do you keep your gun loaded and one in the chamber and have seen LOTS of replies to yes, "no good if it isn't loaded and chambered" and to this I also agree but here is my question as well as what you could call a conflict in the law, I want you all to go to this page

http://members.aol.com/StatutesP7/18PA6106.1.html

LTCF as an exception, it is for law enforcement and military on duty etc so with that said and the law right there how does one carry in the car then or are we ALL breaking the law here, just food for thought and this ought to stir the pot up some

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

6102 essentially identifies a firearm as a pistol, revolver, short-barreled rifle or short-barreled shotgun. Normal-length shotguns or rifles, or extra-length pistols or revolvers are not firearms, as defined by 6102.

6106.1 says you can't carry any loaded pistols, revolvers, rifles or shotguns in a vehicle, unless you have an LTCF, which then makes it okay to carry a firearm loaded in the vehicle (but not the other items, which are not firearms).

If you don't have an LTCF, you can't carry an emptyfirearm in a vehicle unless you're going to and from a range, or to or from a dealer. 6106.1 says it can't be loaded.

tedishere

imported post

this is not what it says, where again I say where under that reg or law does it even mention the word LTCF, it doesnt. It gives the exceptions to law, military, public office etc but I dont see one word let alone sentence where it mentions anything about where you the LTCF is mentioned as being exempt, dont assume but quote the law and show it

tedishere

imported post

bottom line it clearly states that unless you fall under the exceptions which I previously stated you are NOT exempt. It does not mention that a LTCF is exempt, read them.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

There is no exception because paragraph (a) clearly says "without a license"... Meaning that it is only prohibited "without a license". IE: with a license is not prohibited.

Read very carefully:
§ 6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.
(a) Offense defined.-- (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.

Btw, this is a better copy of the UFA:
http://www.frontlinearmory.com/misc/paoc/ufa.html

For more specifics for PA please visit http://www.paopencarry.org

tedishere

imported post

ok pa patriot, I didnt read it like that but your right and I was wrong sorry, I reckn it was just in how one reads it but you are right. I reckn this is what they mean by laws are read "into" and can mean anything depending on how you read them, but when I am wrong then I am not to proud to admit it and in this case I am and thanks for proving me wrong because now I know and I am better educated in this now