• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Short notice SW Wa meetup?

Phssthpok

imported post

Anyone game for a short notice lunch this weekend?

I know Grishnav and I could use a little moral 'pick me up' after last Saturday. A little adventure on more legally solid ground would certainly go a long way towards returning a bit of normality to our lives I think.

Who knows.... Maybe we'll run into those cops that were discussing our Applebee's encounter over the radio!:celebrate

HAR! What say ye, me harties?

Phssthpok

imported post

No particular thoughts yet... wanted to see what kind of response I got,and when folks were available first.

I'm leaning toward sunday though since it's pretty late in the day on friday now, and I'd like to give otheres a chance to log on and RSVP if they are free or not.

We know roughly how many folks are in the area, so if you see this and can't make it, please at least chime in to let us know so we know you've seen this, and don't wait too long to get an idea of people's availability.;)

If nothing else you 'n I could meet up somewhere in HD mebbe? I think we got Applebee's covered, and while it would be a cheap lunch (still have the $30 in gift cards from the previous encounter) I don't want to go back TOO soon and seem like we are rubbing their (his) face in it.

Machoduck

imported post

Easter is this Sunday. That might affect things. As for myself, we have nothing planned and would like to give you guys some support. I'm not concerned about rubbing anyone's nose in anything. The whole idea of a restaurant is to provide meals to people when they want them; if that's this weekend, so be it. Mrs Duck and I went to Applebee's in Covington with me OCing, just for moral support your way after your Hazel Dell experience. No problem whatsoever. The hostess even wanted to seat us in the bar!

I've also OCed in Winco Foods in Kent, a video store (Hollywood), and Walmart in Covington sorta for Nathan's sake. No problems. People up in this neck of the woods seem to have a little better sense. We went to Rock Pizza last night and even got compliments from the kids at the next table. I suspect that part of the trouble is Hazel Dell's proximity to Portland and all the Loony Lefties there. It does appear that a good part of the problem in any of these encounters is little people with a little authority. That certainly describes the Transt Manager on the Tacoma Link last Sunday. Mrs Duck says he even had short person's disease.

I'll keep an eye to the board to see what you come up with.

MD

Samantha86

imported post

I have to work Saturday, and have family easter crao going on. (blah) Can't make it... wish I could, I am sure I would be the only woman there.