• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yesterday afternoon...

UTOC-45-44

imported post

I was @ Harmons and rented a movie. I was walking towards to door and coming my way from the Am1st branch was a female Sheriff on her ph saw me and proceeded to just walk out the door. She saw me front-to-front...and...NOTHING:celebrate. You can't miss my S&W 4006 on Serpa holster and the clips on the other side.

TJ

b1ack5mith

imported post

niiice :D kevin and his family and i went to walmart carrying (i had my all black on with my facial jewelery on) but we did run into a cop... my friend from work, hes a good friend of my family and he knows i OC, and he accepts it, but he would rather us conseal... i see no point in cosealing a weapon :) OC, im 100% sure, has a better effect on the crime in a city than consealing... simply because those guys who want to rob people... will see a gun, and will turn the other way... if they dont see a gun, youre a potential target... my 2 cents! :D

good work TJ! keep it up!

BY the way.... anyone wanna have a gold prospecting/picknic/OC meet someplace? im gettin into gold panning, and id love to get a nice little BBQ/OC meet to a creek someplace, do some fishing etc :)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
niiice :D kevin and his family and i went to walmart carrying (i had my all black on with my facial jewelery on) but we did run into a cop... my friend from work, hes a good friend of my family and he knows i OC, and he accepts it, but he would rather us conseal... i see no point in cosealing a weapon :) OC, im 100% sure, has a better effect on the crime in a city than consealing... simply because those guys who want to rob people... will see a gun, and will turn the other way... if they dont see a gun, youre a potential target... my 2 cents! :D

good work TJ! keep it up!

BY the way.... anyone wanna have a gold prospecting/picknic/OC meet someplace? im gettin into gold panning, and id love to get a nice little BBQ/OC meet to a creek someplace, do some fishing etc :)

I will be off Sat, Sun and Mon. Tell when I will try to work it out.

TJ

Mr. Magnum

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:

I'd be up for it. I drag my sluice box & pans up Santaquin canyon from time totime & find a few specks.

Where ya thinking of going? and when?

P.S. I do most of my panning in late spring & into the summer. Right now the streams are running high & fast which can be very dangerous.

Plus I don't have any waders & that runoff water is freakin cold.:shock:

b1ack5mith

imported post

i have a pair of rubber boots that go up near my knee (they have em at walmart pretty cheap) (by the way, i didnt even see this post till 1:10 in the morning today!) ive just been goin to payson canyon the past few days, the cold doesnt bother me too much when im lookin for gold!!! i dont have a sluice, so i gotta do it the ol' fasioned way ;)

today all i got was a rock with some silver (maybe platinum...???) stuck on the outside of it in a cute little vain :D lol

give me a call when you guys wanna go, and i dont know where the gold is around here, but i DO know that payson has several gold mines near payson lakes... that might be a good sign for gold in the creek!

im wanting to go out tomarrow again (jobless still) and see if i can find a good spot up payson again, maybe santaquin :D im just afraid of goin to santaquin, because of bears and moose, i feel safer here in payson because i can see buildings from where i am, and the cars probably keep most animals away (.40 cal + bear = me prolly losing) so if you wanna go, lets go look for some gold! :D

ATVjunkie

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:

I am all over that one! Gold panning is a blast.

I'm in.

b1ack5mith

imported post

im seriously ready to go anytime :D i might go to santaquin today, but ill probably just go to payson again... i have an XLT detector (which WONT find the small ones...) but if theres a big one out there, i wont miss it ;) i can find really tiny crumpled up pieces of aluminum... so after i get dressed, etc, ill grab a lead pellet and test the sensitivity of my detector to see if it likes really small lead! :D